The Video Production Specialist works closely with the online course designers, course developers, and faculty to produce professional quality multimedia productions. The Specialist utilizes professional production-quality equipment to capture lecture and course content to be incorporated into eLearning courses. It is the Specialist s responsibility for managing and producing instructional videos and multimedia content.
- WORKING: Working with faculty, produces video lectures and course conent for online and enhanced courses.Provides script consultations, any necessary storyboarding, and production pre-planning services as needed.
- RESPONSIBLE: Responsible for the oversight of accessibility initiatives pertaining to produced videos, including but not limited to captioning and transcripts.
- RESPONSIBLE: Responsible for oversight of caption services outsourced to a third-party vendor, monitoring account activity and providing reports as needed.
- CREATES: Creates departmental and instructional spotlight/promo videos.
- PERFORMS: Performs technical work involving digital media production, duplication, conversion, and preservation.
- TRAINS: Trains faculty/staff in the use of non-professional editing software and video production techniques (i.e. Camtasia) and various multimedia technologies.
- RESPONSIBLE: Responsible for creation of digital signage applicable to enhance final exports of video productions.
- COORDINATES: Coordinates scheduling and training of Student Workers & Graduate Assistants who provide video production and multimedia assistance.
- PERFORMS: Performs occasional event videography, video web streaming, and multi-camera production as needed.
- RESOURCE: Resource for creating graphics for course content, office-published materials, and website.
- MANAGES: Manages, organizes and archives digital media.
- CREATES: Creates graphics and document designs for course content and promotional materials for the Center.
-Assists with training and support of web conferencing tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Radio-Television-Film (or related degree with major course work in RTVF production) from an accredited four-year college.
- Two years experience in producing videos in digital/high-definition formats. two years experience with professional grade non-linear editing such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or similar. Required experience in multimedia graphic design such as Adobe Photoshop and Publisher. General knowledge of installing and configuring PC equipment and peripherals, as well as multi-media devices. Self-motivated and able to work independently or on a team. Ability to complete work assignments in a timely manner, providing quality service to customer satisfaction. Ability to lift and carry equipment for remote site production. Ability to organize and keep accurate written and computerized records. Ability to work harmoniously with other staff, customers, and vendors. Ability to understand and perform written and oral instructions. Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in procedures and priorities. Ability to work extended and sometimes unusual hours of the day. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Licenses, Certifications and Registrations
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application. Resume/vitae, cover letter, at least 3 references and their full contact information, and transcripts are required to be uploaded.
Internal Number: R-001808
About Texas A & M University - Commerce
Texas A&M University-Commerce provides a personal educational experience for a diverse community of life-long learners. Our purpose is to discover and disseminate knowledge for leadership and service in an interconnected and dynamic world. Our challenge is to nurture partnerships for the intellectual, cultural, social, and economic vitality of Texas and beyond.