Union Level: Department: Provost Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301266P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. Additional hours outside standard business may be required to meet business needs. Position End Date: Open Date: 01/30/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: The Help Desk manager role is key to Pacific Technologies core objective to provide excellent customer service to our customers and community.
Responsible for, designing and implementing effective and efficient service in support of personal computers, software, printers and related peripheral devices to include remedial desktop software training, equipment relocation, purchase of new hardware/software, corrective maintenance, and resolution of security issues. Responsible for developing, documenting, implementing, and overseeing the process by which Help Desk supports the University's technical assets, including managing communications between Help Desk and the campus community. Responsible for maintaining asset management and tracking of university equipment. Incident Management manager working with distributed technology staff to make sure the all processes are being followed. Change management owner, working with the change manager to make sure the process is being followed. Our goal is to make the Helpdesk the primary point of contact for service provision and this role is key to making that goal a reality.
Essential Functions: 1. Manages the Help Desk team according to policies and guidelines. This includes all aspects of personnel management such as training and development, performance monitoring, appraisals and objective setting, HR issues, resource management, recruitment, etc.
2. Takes a hands on approach to managing the daily workload of the Help Desk, ensuring all calls are being properly handled, prioritized, and progressed, customers are kept informed, and communications and customer service are of the highest standard.
3. Owns, reviews, and revises the ITIL Service Operation Policies, Processes, and Procedures pertaining to the role and regularly report on their performance using a range of KPIs and metrics. These include Incident, change, asset management and Access Management and Request Fulfillment.
4. In collaboration with other team managers, manages the configuration of the IT Service Management and call logging tool so that all call types are managed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Be a principle contributor to Knowledge Management and acquires and maintains a good understanding of the IT infrastructure and all technologies in use, the IT support and delivery processes, and creates collected information into knowledge to be re-used.
Compiles and maintains the workflows, processes, and procedures used by Support Analysts in their day to day roles.
Ensures Support Analysts and Specialists have access to the right tools and information to enable the rapid resolution of Incidents and Requests in line with agreed SLAs.
Member of management team and contributes towards the teams Service Management targets and Continuous Service Improvement Program.
5. Owns, formulates, documents, reviews, and revises all support processes, workflows, and procedures relevant to the teams work, including those relating to working practices and Health and Safety issues.
6. Owns, reviews, and revises as part of the team the Knowledge Management Policy, Process, and Procedures and regularly reports on its effective use.
7. Maintains and manages the Service Desk Knowledgebase, document stores, and customer records, ensuring all information is accurate, relevant, accessible and understandable to all readers.
8. Plays a key role in the Support teams Continuous Service Improvement Program and ensures agreed Processes and Procedures are followed.
9. Plays a lead role in transitioning new Services into Service Operation, ensuring the Service Desks requirements are clearly defined and delivered.
10. Builds and maintains good working relationships with customers, suppliers, and other technical areas in the.
11. Takes individual responsibility for the promotion and implementation of the values and leadership Imperatives.
12. Complies with health and safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment for self and other staff, including carrying out risk assessments and workplace inspections for those areas under the teams control.
Three (3) years management or supervisory responsibility in a technical environment.
A Bachelors degree or six (6) years working experience in Customer Service, including help desk, operations, administration, design, installation, maintenance and record keeping.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Knowledge of project management and supervision practices and procedures.
Solid working knowledge of budgeting, process development, procurement, strategic planning, and troubleshooting.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience of ServiceNow or equivalent tool around Incident, Request fulfillment, Service Catalogue, Change management and Asset Management.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer, calculator/10-key, and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours. Additional hours outside standard business may be required to meet business needs.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu