Parents Alliance Employment Project is a non profit agency that provides supported employment services to individuals with disabilities.
Primary Duties of the Employment Specialist position:
1) To provide supported employment services to a caseload of approximately 10-15 individuals with disabilities through a variety of funding sources including the Division of Rehabilitation Services, Project SEARCH program, and local high school districts
2) Conduct intake interviews to assess client's eligibility and general needs in order to determine if and how agency can assist
3) Develop individualized written service plans
4) Using a holistic approach, assess client's level of functioning, including psychological, medical, vocational, independent living and social assessments.
5) Provide employment counseling based on client's vocational goals, interests and abilities
6) Provide job readiness services to individuals with disabilities to include preparation of resumes, conducting mock interviews, training and assistance completing job applications, assistance in identifying employment opportunities in the community; meet with and develop employer relationships to identify job opportunities
7) Assist clients in applying for jobs
8) Analyze jobs, identify work related skills
9) Identify necessary job modifications and provide intervention on behalf of the client to ensure reasonable accommodations are made when needed
10) Coordinate support systems with other involved agencies to assist clients in reaching their full potential.
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Special Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, Psychology or related fields.
Normal working hours -40 hours a week, Monday through Friday. However, must maintain a flexible working schedule on occasion based on the needs of the client's job site.
Must be able to provide or arrange own transportation for travel to and from job training sites. Must have valid drivers license and car insurance. Ability and willingness to tolerate a light amount of physical activity.
Additional Salary Information: Agency reimburses for travel to and from job training sites.