At the direction of professional Care Management and Social Work staff, conducts and documents socio-economic review and screening to support the coordination of care.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Coordinates with home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, durable medical equipment companies, transportation agencies and others as indicated. Assists clients and patients in connecting with appropriate Physicians, insurers, Payer programs, and other resources to meet social and clinical needs.
· Collaborates with the care management team for effective patient or client outreach, care coordination and hand-overs across the continuum of care. Refers patients for smoking cessation counseling and provides educational resources to patients per protocols.
· Conducts scripted phone calls and accesses systems to retrieve patient information for clinical care team. Retrieves record, imaging and diagnostic results, pathology and other requests for treatment teams.
· Arranges care conferences as needed. Supports Inpatient and Ambulatory multidisciplinary team meetings as assigned. Works with internal and external resources to coordinate placement, discharge planning, case management, and follow-up care.
· High School diploma or GED or equivalent.
· One year of relevant experience
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.