We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion. Summary - Intake & Access Coordinator
Serves as the initial contact and acts as patient liaison for new patients considering treatment and follow up at UCH. Under the direction of appropriate clinician, performs duties associated with scheduling access to clinical care and schedules patients in the Multi-disciplinary Clinic (MDC) or appropriate track for treatment.
Must be able to work both the Aurora location and the Boulder location.
· Delivers successful service to our internal and external customers by adhering to critical success standards: demonstrating accountability and commitment to quality and safety standards; taking ownership in the financial success of the hospital with appropriate resource use and management; providing exceptional customer service; and exerting effort to insure a positive work environment that demonstrates dedication to the hospital's mission, vision and values. Regular attendance, as outlined in the Attendance and Absenteeism Policy, is an essential function of this position.
· Completes all administrative paperwork related to entrance into the Multi- disciplinary clinic or other patient care track and works with patient to obtain insurance information. This includes registering patient if necessary, preparing documents for paper chart or scanning, and scanning any necessary records. Meets with patient if appropriate during clinic to obtain information for records and intake.
· Obtains medical records related to patients diagnosis as appropriate including but not limited to pathology report and slides, imaging, and past medical records. Develops a thorough understanding of the required records necessary for treatment planning of each patient.
· Under the direction of responsible clinician, schedules patient with appropriate provider or MDC including specialists as needed (plastic surgeon, radiation, etc.). Provide patient a thorough explanation of MDC and intake process. Provides patient end of visit summary completed by provider or letter to patient as applicable. Ensures timely appointments for follow up as appropriate and follow up with patient as needed.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 1 -2 years healthcare experience
· 2-4 years in healthcare customer service experience
· Experience with Medical Records
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.