Recent experience in the specialty area is required
This is a full-time, hourly, days position based at our new Longs Peak Hospital in Longmont, CO.
Ensures the organization's compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Affordability Act (HIPAA) and all other policies, procedures, laws, and regulations concerning protected health information.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Safeguards and protects the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
· Compiles, processes, and maintains medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system.
· Prioritizes release of information requests, retrieves medical records from active, inactive and interdepartmental locations. Electronically tracks and delivers records in accordance with established procedures.
· Performs self-quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality and proper billing/charging.
· Associate's degree
· 2 years' experience within an acute care hospital setting.
· Bachelor's degree, training in Medical Terminology and Human Anatomy.
· Certified as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.