The Proposal Development Manager provides consultative support and project management skills to Account Executives and Sales Leaders responding to RFPs, RFIs and finalist presentations. The role's primary focus is in responding to Request for Proposals that lead to an increase in new business and retention of existing business. The Manager is a key business partner and support resource of the Sales leadership team and needs to be able to speak to current and emerging initiatives corporate-wide. The role interacts with all levels of management in the division and requires the ability to interface across the organization.
• Partner with Sales/Account Executives and Blue Cross subject matter experts to manage and develop sales proposals that are well-written, accurate, and reflect specific customer objectives for proposals.
• Edit proposal language to ensure focus on Blue Cross strategic themes as well as compliance with all RFP requirements.
• Cultivate relationships with Subject Matter Experts in different business areas to gain their support, knowledge and input.
• Stay abreast of Blue Cross product knowledge and strategic objectives on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure timely adherence to proposal process and manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
• Copyedit and proofread team members’ work.
• Participate in special assignments/projects and lend support to other teams, when appropriate.
• Facilitate meetings focused on ensuring all aspects of the RFP are on track for delivery.
• Minimum of one to three years of proposal development experience; health care industry experience preferred
• BA required
• Excellent technical, marketing, oral communication and writing skills
• Self-motivated, and able to work independently or as part of a cross functional team
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
• Ability to influence, negotiate and collaborate on projects with sales leaders and account executives
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in development and execution of proposal opportunities in a complex environment
Voted as one of the Most Admired Health Care Companies in 2014 by Boston Business Journal, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We have been a market leader for over 75 years, and are consistently ranked among the nation's best health plans. Our daily efforts are dedicated to effectively serving our 2.8 mill...ion members, and consistently offering security, stability, and peace of mind to both our members and associates.