Under general supervision, coordinate a wide variety of support services for meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops and campus events to be held at CWU main campus. Within the criteria set by the CWU Facilities Usage Policy and Procedures, make arrangements with internal and external service providers for multi-day and single-day events to use on-campus space, equipment, setup, security and meals; create and execute contracts for services to be provided and costs associated with those services. This position assists the Assistant Director of Operations, and represents the institution and the Student Union Scheduling Services office to outside organizations and the community.
Provide Scheduling Services / Planning / Facilitating - Schedule rooms, media equipment, security, setup, parking, and other related services; Create and send out contracts all using 25Live scheduling software - Using MS Office software to create letters, spreadsheets, flyers, signs and other documents related to conference needs - Use email, multi-line phone, fax, copy machine, cell phone, various media and other office equipment to perform duties related to scheduling services - Work with Catering to provide meals and refreshments to groups - Using AIM software generate work-orders to facilities for needed setup and cleaning in academic space - Monitor deadlines required for each group and by the service providers - Verify established logistics with service providers and clients - Advise staff, clients, service providers and others to help identify, evaluate, and resolve complex issues or problems; as well as additional available service that may affect the program as a whole - Create contracts for services rendered and confirm revision of services after event is completed for billing processes - Monitor compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, emergency procedures, and be aware of ADA compliance requirements for events - Participate in program development meetings with client planners - Provide general set-up and technical advice on media equipment. Work with the Student Union Events Program, Facilities Management and Academic Departments to request work to be completed - Anticipate unforeseen problems and provide solutions - Create and build relationships with University staff and external groups for future opportunities of event planning needs - Ensure a signed contract returns and resides in each folder. Ensure required deposit has been received - Ensure all required liability insurance and licenses have been received from client and / or catering / alcohol vendors prior to use of space - Ensure all meeting rooms, equipment, set-up specifications, meals, guaranteed numbers, and special services data is entered into 25Live and follow through with service providers such as Event Support Services, Facilities, Building Managers, and Catering Staff, etc. - Facilitate internal planning meetings and initiate communications with Conference Program staff, Catering staff, Facilities staff, Student Union staff, building Secretaries, etc. on a regular basis - Act as the main scheduling coordinator in collaboration with Conference Center coordinator to facilitate all yearly conference groups and visitors - Update reservations and enter post-event information into 25Live - Email post-event evaluation (Qualtrics Survey) to clients for large-scale events - Lead student staff when necessary
25Live Training Facilitator / Social Media / Webpage upkeep - Assist with 25Live System Administration - Be the trainer for all new 25Live users on scheduling, reports, and the Publisher Calendaring tool - Consistently update the 25live Publisher manual for all new users. Keep this information current and online for easy access - Conduct training with departments, clubs, and organizations on the use of 25Live Webviewer to schedule their event spaces
- Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated work experience providing excellent customer service to a diverse variety of clients
• Experience as an administrative support in a fast paced office that demonstrates the ability to: - Use MS Word to generate documents, letters and other correspondence - Use MS Excel to create and maintain spreadsheets - Use MS Power Point to produce slides and presentations - Use multi-line telephones - Use email program such as Outlook to send and receive email and schedule appointments
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Experience prioritizing work to meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as a team under pressure to meet projects schedule
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Degree in Business, Public Administration, Hospitality, or related field
• Experience as a planner to plan events, select space, contact and work with catering, understand equipment and setup requirements and any additional support services for any organization
• Experience and knowledge of the use and operation of various types of digital media systems and equipment
• Experience working with data based scheduling software such as 25 Live
• Experience working with digital work order systems
• Experience with web page design and social media management
• Experience leading other employees
• Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
• Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
• Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
• Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $2654/month with periodic increases up to $3436/month
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits : CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
Resume including work history, education, training; and
Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: January 23, 2018
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
Located in historic Ellensburg, Washington, Central Washington University is a public four-year university. Home to over 10,000 students, Central has a commitment to hands-on learning and discovery, which takes students beyond the limits of the classroom and books. Central prepares students to become well-educated citizens who are ready for high-demand careers in the workforce and offers over 150 ...undergraduate majors as well as graduate studies programs and research. To prepare and enable students to succeed in a global economy, Central partners with over 30 colleges and universities around the world.CWU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Title IX/Veteran/Disability Employer.