Union Level: Department: Business & Finance Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301243P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. Additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines.Please see Special Instructions to Applicants below for specific instructions on cover letter. Position End Date: Open Date: 01/05/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions: In the cover letter please explain your experience managing an Affirmative Action program, and managing EEO policies and practices.
Primary Purpose: Under the general supervision of Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, oversees the University's affirmative action and equal employment opportunity programs.
Essential Functions: 1. Implements and maintains the affirmative action plan and all processes and procedures related to equal employment opportunity, non-discrimination and actively promoting the value of diversity in employment, fairness and consistency in our administrative practices in line with University values and applicable laws and regulations.
2. Supervises the EEO Coordinator.
3. Supports search processes to continue to diversify our faculty and staff.
4. Develops and recommends policies and procedures to implement the AA/EEO programs for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
5. Designs and implements reporting systems to measure effectiveness of the AA/EEO programs. Ensures that our data is sufficient for reporting and internal use purposes.
6. Oversees the preparation of or prepares and analyzes reports on selection statistics. Develops action-oriented programs.
7. Receives and investigates inquires and formal complaints of unlawful discrimination from applicants and employees.
8. Responds to complaints from enforcement agencies (OFCCP, DOL and EEOC).
9. Monitors and advises on institutional policies, procedures, operations and activities for compliance with AA/EEO.
10. Develops and implements educational and outreach programs regarding employer and employee rights, responsibilities and obligations.
11. Meets with search committee chairs or committees and hiring managers to provide resources and to explain expectations for future selection processes.
12. Oversees recruiting practices for the University including effective advertising and outreach to meet our goals and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
13. Reviews and approves new hire and compensation related decisions throughout the University.
Four (4) years experience in Human Resources.
Two (2) years experience in Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Strong working knowledge of:
Affirmative action and equal employment opportunity practices, laws, executive orders and other regulations and Department of Labor wage and hour requirements.
Principles and procedures for AA/EEO recruitment, selection and hiring and strategies to diversify a workforce.
Data collection and affirmative action reporting.
Communication (written, oral and presentation) skills sufficient to convey largely unfamiliar processes, practices and policies to employees.
Working knowledge of compensation practices as they relate to EEO.
Higher education experience.
HRIS experience (preferably Banner).
Experience with an OFCCP audit.
Experience conducting investigations related to compliance.
Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours. Additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu