Bilingual Social Worker III - Bronx GMHOS - (Full-Time/Part-Time)
January 8, 2018
New York, New York
Starting at 30.22
Part Time - Experienced
Clinical Social Worker in Gerontology~(CSW-G)
Advocacy / Non-Profit
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Summary: JASA is seeking a bilingual licensed clinician to join our team and deliver an innovative new service that addresses the behavioral health needs of older New Yorkers in the Bronx. As part of the Thrive NYC initiative, which seeks to expand access to mental health care, this New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA)-funded program offers older people a new and comfortable way of accessing services by co-locating a satellite mental health clinic in their local senior center. This position may be either part-time or full-time and could be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental, and life insurance; pension; 403b tax-deferred savings plan; flexible spending account; pre-tax transit; and a generous leave policy.
The Bilingual Social Worker IIIB will:
1. Utilize outreach strategies to engage older adults in mental health services in senior centers.
2. Provide evidence-based mental health interventions in both individual and group modalities.
3. Administer mental health screening tools to older clients to screen for possible disorders and impairments requiring mental health services.
4. Participate in interdisciplinary team conferences, reviewing treatment and case plans, case monitoring and discharge planning, pursuant to sound professional practice and to federal, state and city guidelines.
5. Provide a full range of psychiatric social services to an identified caseload of older adult clients who could benefit from mental health care including:
a. Develop, implement, monitor and document treatment plans;
b. provide individual and family psychotherapy in the resolution of problems of the client(s) and family;
c. provide appropriate information to clients and collaterals regarding the normal physical, social and psychological development of individuals, challenges to functioning presented by conditions of impairment, disease, social stresses and dysfunction and gero-psychiatric disorders; and ways of coping and preserving individual functioning and autonomy;
d. provide specific information about health, welfare, education and recreation services available to serve the older client, with particular reference to resources for geropsychiatric patients; and
e. As appropriate, to make referrals to, and maintain cooperative relationships with public and voluntary agencies, programs, services and facilities.
6. Conduct group psychotherapy service for clients and families under psychiatric supervision,
7. Participate in staff committees, program planning, conferences and meetings
8. Represent the agency at specific DFTA events and meetings as well as other community conferences and meetings
9. Participate in training and unit meetings.
10. Complete required case records, reports and statistics within mandated timeframes, utilizing computers (Netsmart EHR, STARS, Microsoft excel, etc.).
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Possession of or candidacy for a New York State License in Clinical Social Work or Clinical Psychology are required. LMSW, LMHC, LCAT, or LMFT may be considered.
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English and Spanish.
Good writing/record keeping skills.
Ability to travel using mass transit, and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients' residences.
An understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values have as they relate to serving clients and families.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment To Apply
Email résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Bilingual Social Worker III (GMHOS Psychiatric Social Worker) - Bronx in subject line. —Or— Mail to: JASA; Human Resources Department; 247 West 37 Street – Ninth Floor; New York, NY 10018
JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy.Founded in 1968, JASA is one of New York’s largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Long Island. We provide life sustaining programs for seniors and peace of mind for their fa...milies and friends.We fulfill the Jewish value of honoring the aging while serving adults of all races, religions, and economic backgrounds.