PeaceHealth is seeking a Care Management/Medical Social Worker (Part-Time) for a 0.6 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 154070
Responsible for identifying and interacting with medically and psychosocially complex patients and families who are likely to benefit from care management and meet high risk criteria and for coordination of discharge planning services for these patients in collaboration with RN Care Management and other members of the care team.
1. Screen and identify patients who need care management per high risk criteria.
2. Assess, develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive discharge plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family. Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to identify problems or needs that require special planning, intervention, teaching or follow-up.
3. Identify key problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the discharge plan of care. Coordinate and facilitate improved ability to comply with plan of treatment; counseling or support needed to cope with situation; improved ability to access appropriate level of care due to lack of financial resources or lack of available service.
4. Actively support measures that promote effective use of resources.
5. Identify, plan and arrange for appropriate services applying a knowledge of services available in the community, state, and federal health regulations and admission, discharge and appropriate level of care. Coordinate effective planning and arranging for needed services upon discharge.
6. Intervene by arranging services, education and providing psychosocial support to prepare the patient and their family to manage their healthcare needs within the acute care setting and post discharge.
7. Coordinate with the interdisciplinary team and community resources when appropriate, regarding the multiple details of transitional care management plan. Consult with physician as indicated.
8. Works with patients identified and referred to them by RN Care Management and/or other members of the care team, as well as by patients/families.
9. Conducts evaluation to include appropriate documentation and the effectiveness of the Care Management services. Collaborates with team members to identify cause and adjust plan if patient's health status is not improving.
10. May counsel patients and/or families to facilitate and/or participate in community care services, in coordination with the physician and treatment team. Works as an integral member of the treatment team in the coordination of treatment and transition of care planning. Assesses and addresses both mental health and chemical dependency conditions. May perform risk assessments for suicidality and homicidality.
In lieu of an MSW, the following qualifications and experience may be accepted:
Master's degree in counseling or related field with a minimum of two years' work experience in a medical or healthcare setting, social service agency, or community organization focusing on health and/or welfare issues.
Bachelor's degree in social work or related field with a minimum of four years' work experience in a medical or healthcare setting, social service agency, or community organization focusing on health and/or welfare issues.
Minimum of two years employment in a healthcare setting or community agency dealing with health and/or welfare issues preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare and social agencies.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Demonstrated proficiency in social work practice.
Licensed as required by State for clinical practice.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
Certification in Case Management highly preferred.
Must have upon hire:
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) OR
Licensed Social Work Associate/Independent Clinical(LSWAIC) OR
Licensed Social Work Associate/Advanced (LSWAA) OR
Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW) OR
Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration (CAAR). The caregiver must be qualified to apply upon hire and receive registration within 90 days of hire.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including sensitivity to other cultures and ethnicities.
Excellent skills in conceptual thinking, listening, problem resolution and planning.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and electronic medical records.
Knowledgeable about issues related to chronic illness, developmental disabilities, special needs, mental illness, grief and transition, substance abuse, domestic violence, child abuse and senior abuse.
Good understanding and adherence to core social work values and ethics.
St Johns Medical Center:
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Night Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 0.6 Work Type: Part Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 29.38 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker-Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Behavioral Health/Social Work || Part Time || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.