Lecturer—Career and Professional Development Curriculum Coordinator
University of Florida- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Advising
January 5, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Center (AAC) at the University of Florida seeks candidates for a Lecturer to coordinate and deliver various curricular aspects of the college’s program (Beyond120) focused on undergraduate career readiness and professional development.This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure accruing, renewable position.
As a Lecturer, the candidate will be responsible for:
* Coordinating the development and delivery of a new, one-credit professional development/career readiness course for CLAS students.This position will have primary responsibility for course content, and will teach sections of this course in each term (including summer terms), including one section per year for UF Online students.
* Identifying and overseeing additional instructors for the professional development/career readiness course.
* Coordinating the development and delivery of skill-development modules, delivered through UF’s Canvas course management system.
* One-on-one career coaching for CLAS undergraduate students
* Assisting in the promotion of career and professional development-related student opportunities, including workshops and special events
The Center is committed to creating an environment that affirms diversity across a variety of dimensions, including ethnicity/race, gender identity and expression.We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment through their scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and professional service.The university and greater Gainesville communities enjoy a diversity of cultural events, restaurants, year-round outdoor recreational activity, and social opportunities.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.If an accommodation due to disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-9771 (TDD).
* A Master’s Degree is required
* Previous experience working with diverse populations
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to set and keep priorities among competing demands
* An understanding of liberal arts and sciences career paths, and a desire to promote the career and professional development of liberal arts and sciences students
* A Master’s degree in an appropriate area, along with relevant work experience
Additional Salary Information: The salary competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a full benefits package.