University of Florida- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Advising
January 5, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Center (AAC) at the University of Florida seeks candidates for a Lecturer to coordinate various student experiential learning programs, oversee and grow existing internship programs, and assist with career readiness/professional development advising.This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure accruing, renewable position.
As a Lecturer, the candidate will be responsible for:
* Teaching IDS 4940 (Internship) each semester, including summer terms.This position will review and update the IDS4940 course content as needed
* Coordinating the CLAS Alumni Internship Program.This position will manage existing internships offered through this program, maintain and update the student/employer information page, and serve as the primary point of contact for Alumni Internship providers
* Assisting with the development and delivery of a new, one-credit professional development/career readiness course for CLAS students
* One-on-one career coaching for CLAS undergraduate students
* Assisting in the promotion of career and professional development-related student opportunities, including workshops and special events
The Center is committed to creating an environment that affirms diversity across a variety of dimensions, including ethnicity/race, gender identity and expression.We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment through their scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and professional service.The university and greater Gainesville communities enjoy a diversity of cultural events, restaurants, year-round outdoor recreational activity, and social opportunities.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.If an accommodation due to disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-9771 (TDD).
* A Master’s Degree is required
* Previous experience working with diverse populations
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to set and keep priorities among competing demands
* An understanding of liberal arts and sciences career paths, and a desire to promote the career and professional development of liberal arts and sciences students
* A Master’s degree in an appropriate area, along with relevant work experience
Additional Salary Information: The salary range is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes full benefit package.