The Associate Director herein described is responsible for duties and responsibilities associated with contract management, auxiliary operations and service delivery, program development, maintaining business partner relationships, and customer services in the Business Services Division (BSD). BSD is responsible for the operational, financial, facility, and contract management activities of business and service units that provide essential services to students and the UF community. Annual revenues exceed $85M. The Associate Director works with BSD staff and business and campus partners to ensure comprehensive auxiliary services for UF campus customers.
Contract Management • Assist the AVP with contract management functions for contracted food services, bookstore, pouring rights, vending services, and other services as directed
• Develop, implement, and manage effective tools for the contract management process
• Manage contracts to ensure timely and complete contract compliance by all parties; ensure deficiencies are addressed promptly
• Provide oversight for daily operations of designated businesses and services; work with business partners to ensure excellent customer services including optimal use of technology for customer access and convenience
• Review financial information and performance projections of business partners; ensure price comparisons and audits of pricing to ensure contract compliance and best value for UF customers • Assist with facilities construction and renovation planning and with preparation and monitoring of budgets for new facilities and renovations based on contract requirements
• Recommend contract revisions and/or addendums as needed; develop language for addendums or new contracts as required
• Develop ITNs, RFPs, and similar documents for services; participate in negotiations with prospective and current contractors as directed
• Interpret and ensure compliance with university policies and regulations
ID Card Services • Provide direction and oversight for Gator 1 Card programs and operations; collaborate with business and campus partners as needed to facilitate access to services • Provide oversight for ID Card production including review of card-making equipment and other hardware and software to ensure effective and efficient card production
• Work with campus and business partners to establish and support Gator 1 Card utilization for various applications including banking, meal plans, declining balance, vending, electronic debit accounts, door access, parking access and work time and attendance * Provide oversight and support for the UF Health Shands ID card program; work with hospital
administration on card production and utilization issues * Work with office of New Student and Family Programs to ensure effective service delivery
to new students; collaborate on marketing, orientation, and other service delivery activities
* Work with banking business partner to establish and maintain the banking/Gator 1 Card
relationship; ensure effective banking transactions via Gator 1 Card; assess card utilization by
students; implement new or enhanced program features to ensure optimal card utilization
• Be knowledgeable and stay abreast of current and future trends in university ID card systems; review, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding trends and new technology for ID Card applications
Information Technology (IT) Services • In collaboration with BSD staff and campus and business partners, identify needs in the various service areas for IT system support, applications, and solutions; provide direction and oversight to ensure optimal IT support to meet the identified needs; ensure effective electronic interfaces with various campus and business partners including banking business partner, Student Financial Affairs, and University Bursar
• Ensure installation, proper operation, maintenance, and upgrades of servers, computer systems, and software; provide oversight for and ensure maintenance of network connectivity
• Ensure development of business applications including web and e-commerce systems
• Ensure development and maintenance of IT support and provide oversight for the following applications (not all inclusive):
* System related aspects of the Gator 1 Card program operations including hardware, software,
* Implementation and maintenance of on-line transaction devices including cash/debit card
* Online web applications for student/parent sign up and payment processing for office of New
Student and Family Programs
* Textbook adoption and online cap and gown ordering system for UF Bookstore
* Food service point of sale systems, cash registers, online web transaction systems, networks,
and related systems (including reporting functions); ensure systems integrations as needed
* Vending services applications ensuring connectivity, integration, and functionality of card
readers to accept Gator 1 Cards on vending machines, washers/dryers, and similar systems
• Ensure compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) for the department as well as for business partners; ensure interface with Treasury Management for reporting
• Ensure BSD compliance with UFIT policies including security, networking, identity, and e-commerce
• Ensure best practices for protection of confidential information stored on servers
• Ensure employees identified as needing access to confidential and sensitive information receive proper training and certification including FERPA Compliance; serve as liaison between BSD, university departments and non-university contractors
• Serve as liaison between BSD departments and UFIT as applications evolve to ensure integration into Business Services applications
Program Development/Program Support
• Advise and assist the AVP with strategic planning and in meeting the overall business and service objectives of BSD
• Responsible for development and oversight of specialized programs for new or enhanced services for UF students and other campus customers (e.g., the e-textbook program, the Catering Services Program, and sustainability initiatives); develop innovative programs and solutions that enhance services and keep UF on the cutting edge in the area of auxiliary services; develop contracts, licensing agreements, policies, and operating procedures as needed
• Assist with assessment of services and programs and ensure utilization of assessment data to improve or enhance services; conduct research and data analysis; compile reports and provide information to support and inform management decisions and organization goals
• Be knowledgeable and stay abreast of current and future trends in college or university auxiliary services including food services, bookstores, pouring rights, vending, campus ID card systems, and related services; recommend new services and/or enhancements to existing services to the AVP
• Provide staff support and guidance to department committees as directed (e.g., food services advisory committee)
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and university policies and regulations for all initiatives
• Serve on division and university committees as directed
• Normal work schedule: Monday through Friday, 08:00 am to 05:00 pm.
• Flexibility to adjust work schedule is required to meet department needs of occasional evening or weekend work including emergency situations
• A criminal background will be conducted.
"In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume."
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date of February 3, 2018.
Master's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience.
About University of Florida, Business Services Division
The Business Services Division at the University of Florida is responsible for the operational, financial, facility, and contract management activities of business and service units that provide essential services to students and the UF community.