Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legac that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Single Stop Coordinator for Regional Centers (Part-Time) position.
Under the guidance of the Project Director, the Single Stop Coordinator for Regional Centers is responsible for providing public benefit assessment, education and application assistance to student clients at the College's Regional Centers, as well as providing support connecting students to other Single Stop services. In addition, this position assists the Project Director in outreach efforts and connects client students with other services within the local community and departments at the College. This position is primarily located at the College's Northwest Regional Center, but requires travel to all College Regional Centers as needed.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment with the ability to perform several tasks concurrently, keep organized and detailed records, complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines required.
• Must be professional and a team player; superb attention to detail and critical thinking skills required.
• Excellent public speaking skills with outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Proficiency with database management, as well as Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle, as travel between sites is required.
• Ability to work flexible and evening hours, as needed, required.
• Ability to work independently and use independent judgment in making administrative/ procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Two years (2) of direct and social services counseling experience with an emphasis in benefit access, housing and/or advocacy preferred.
• Experience working with large client population strongly preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.