The College of Education has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The department of Educational Services and Leadership is one of four departments within the College of Education. The department of Educational Services and Leadership houses graduate programs in educational leadership, school psychology (NASP approved), counseling in educational settings (CACREP approved), higher education, and school administration and a post-baccalaureate program in school nursing. The College of Education is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The department of Educational Services and Leadership is accepting applications for a full-time lecturer position for our MA level program in Counseling in Educational Settings beginning fall of 2018. We are especially interested in candidates whose research and teaching explicitly addresses issues of equity, access, and social justice as grounded in theoretical frameworks. The department is seeking a creative and innovative faculty member to play an integral role in our Master’s level program in school counseling. Applicants may view the website for a list of courses and descriptions offered in our program.
Rowan University’s College of Education is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and especially encourages applications from women and individuals from underrepresented groups in higher education.
This position requires demonstrated scholarly and teaching excellence in counseling in educational settings. Specifically, the department is looking for a faculty member, who is dedicated to increasing awareness, sensitivity, and knowledge of practices that will result in equitable educational opportunities for diverse learners. The successful candidate will meet the following required qualifications:
• Earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP approved program
• Department of Education certification as school counselor (any state)
• Record of scholarship including publications and grants
• Ability to demonstrate currency and fluency in best practices in school counseling
• Ability to teach a variety of courses in the counseling curriculum including supervision of field experiences
• Commitment to interactive and field-based work
• Record of professional and service activities, which include working with P-12 schools
• Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships in dynamic and collaborative environments
• Clear understanding of the social justice issues that face educational leaders and a commitment to equity and the celebration of diversity in a pluralistic society
• Credentialed as a Nationally Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor
• Record of excellence in teaching at the graduate level
• Experience in developing and delivering educational programs online
• Substantial practitioner experience in school counseling
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system using the following URL link:
Submit letter of application with a statement of teaching interest that matches one or more areas of the counseling in educational settings courses, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts and names and contact information of three references (at least one of which addresses teaching ability).
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
A leading public institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Rowan provides a collaborative, learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community service. Through intellectual, social and cul...tural contributions, the University enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.