Librarian, Institutional Repository, Reference, and Technology
Nova Southeastern University
December 20, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Full Time - Experienced
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is the nation's ninth-largest, not-for-profit, independent university, with more than 25,000 students and 158,000 alumni; a sprawling, 314-acre Fort Lauderdale-Davie campus; and a presence in 12 countries around the world. Through five decades of explosive growth, our reputation for academic excellence and innovation continues to flourish. Founded in 1964, the university offers undergraduate degrees, graduate and professional degrees, and certificate programs to full-and part-time students in medicine, health sciences, computer sciences, law, education, psychology, business, marine biology, and more.
The Librarian, Institutional Repository, Reference, and Technology provides outreach and reference services and creates, enhances, and furthers services offered to faculty, students, alumni, the local bar, and the public. Services emphasize technologically mediated platforms, institutional repository services, web, and LMS outreach.
The first priority of all members of the Law Library team is to serve the Law Library and College of Law's faculty, students, and patrons. Each team member will not be limited by this job description in an effort to assist our constituency, but will perform tasks assigned by supervisor(s). Team members will be readily available, visible, and accessible to faculty, students and patrons, and if unable to answer an inquiry, they will ensure assistance is provided by another member of the Law Library team.
Job duties may include: 1. Assists the Assistant Director for Operations and Collections with vendor relations, collection development, cataloguing, and processing materials. Provides collection services for all legal materials.
2. Serves as a reference librarian at the PMLL Reference Desk for approximately 16 hours per week. Occasional weekend and some evening reference hours are also required. Provide legal reference, reference assistance, and instruction.
3. Instructs and supports students and faculty in use of Westlaw, Lexis, TWEN, LMS, and other web and databases resources.
4. Prepares and promotes innovative technology services for library and law school use, assisting law faculty with using these tools to enhance the classroom learning or scholarly communications experience.
5. Participate in the Law Library Faculty Liaison Program, assisting with their research, teaching and scholarship projects.
6. Maintains the institutional repository, including liaising with College of Law staff and faculty to keep the repository up to date.
To view a full position description and qualifications, and to apply on line, please access www.nsujobs.com and reference position number 999662. Nova Southeastern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Located on a beautiful 314-acre campus in Fort Lauderdale, Nova Southeastern University (NSU) has more than 24,000 students and is the largest independent institution of higher education in Florida. NSU is one of only 37 institutions holding the dual classification of "Community Engaged" and "High Research" by the Carnegie Foundation.
In 1964, what was then called Nova University was chartered... as a graduate institution in the physical and social sciences. Over time, Nova added programs in law, education, business, psychology, computer science, and oceanography, and, in 1972, introduced its first off-campus course of study, in education. Soon, Nova became nationally recognized for its innovative distance learning programs. Today, field-based programs are located throughout Florida, in 23 states, and at selected international sites.