Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Background Check Statement:
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University's receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
4 year degree and at least 2 years experience in college strength and conditioning.
CSCS and CSCCA Certification Required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees weight lifting and conditioning of student-athletes.
- Supervises year round workouts all sports under strength and conditioning's scope.
- Works directly with football, and other assigned teams.
- Serves as director of internships and oversees the professional development of Graduate Assistants.
- Work in conjunction with athletic trainers regarding injuries, rehabilitation, and nutrition.
- Coordinate with coaches regarding schedules and needs.
- Commitment to and compliance with the University's and Department of Athletics policies and procedures as well as the Sun Belt Conference.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of strength coach experience.
Type of Position: Full Time Position
Work Schedule/Hours: Hours vary according to team schedules
Appalachian State University, located in Boone, North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares students to lead purposeful lives as engaged global citizens who understand their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow h...olistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. Appalachian enrolls about 18,000 students, has a low faculty-to-student ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors. It is one of 16 universities in the University of North Carolina system.