Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people's lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
Ariadne Labs is seeking an IT Business Systems Analyst as a member of the Operations Team to manage various systems implementations and technology needs of our 85-person organization. The IT Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for collecting and analyzing systems needs across the organization and translating those needs into systems specifications and requirements in order to streamline work processes and create repositories of knowledge and data. Working closely with technical experts on the Science & Technology Platform, the IT Business Systems Analyst will also help manage and troubleshoot Google apps used across the organization and also will liaise with parent institution IT teams.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the roll-out of software products and existing systems that are used across the organization, including Salesforce, Adaptive Insights, Google apps, Slack, and others - Partner with Business End Users to identify workflow improvements and propose solutions for new and existing systems by engaging end users, parent institutions, and outside partners and vendors - Define and promote standards for systems use and create new or improve existing business requirements documents, templates, and procedures to facilitate learning and understanding among all end users - Help design, document and maintain system processes and proactively communicate decisions and changes with impacted parties - Conduct training sessions and focus groups as needed - Operate as "service desk" for user problems with systems and liaise with IT offices in both parent organizations, HSPH and BWH. - Work closely with subject matter experts on Science & Technology Platform at Ariadne Labs and participate in relevant communities of practice to promote and support growth in business analysis practice across the organization - Conduct landscape analysis for new technology needs or requests and research data requests as needed - Perform quality assurance as needed on anything that is built or modified - Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 1 year from date of hire, with possibility for extension.
Ariadne Labs core values are:
Respect for the Ariadne Labs mission, our community, each other, and ourselves;
Stewardship of our work and resources;
Pursuit of excellence, with a focus on continual improvement;
A belief in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to our work;
A commitment to meaningful diversity and inclusion in our work and in the Ariadne Labs community.
Characteristics of people who thrive at Ariadne are:
humility about the limits of one's own expertise and experience
attention to detail
willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 056
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
- Bachelor's degree required - 3+ years of related experience required
- Direct professional experience performing business systems analysis in a technical, academic, clinical, and/or software development environment strongly preferred - Prior project management experience in systems/technology preferred - Experience managing multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously preferred - Experience documenting the status of projects and tasks on a regular (preferably weekly) basis preferred - Experience using Google Drive and the Microsoft Office Suite in a professional setting strongly preferred
- Highly organized; excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders; experience working across a large team; experience multitasking and completing work successfully against deadlines preferred
- Focused and goal-oriented preferred
- Team player who was worked with multiple levels across the organization preferred
- Strong customer service orientation preferred
- Analytical thinker and intellectually curious preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. T...he University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.