PeaceHealth is seeking a MT or MLT - Microbiology (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 154967
Responsible for performing complex laboratory procedures and tests in areas such as blood bank, chemistry, hematology, immunology and microbiology, using established protocols and procedures. Monitors, screens and troubleshoots devices, tests and procedures, recognizing anomalies, and making corrections to ensure quality.
1. Evaluates specimens for testing, utilizes appropriate criteria and upholds established performance standards. Applies established criteria for testing, and analysis of entire process from preparation, conducting test, functioning of devices and procedures to ensure quality test results. Performs waived, moderate and high complexity laboratory tests.
2. Maintains equipment and tools; performs quality assurance testing, routine calibration and ensures optimal performance.
3. Participates in the evaluations of techniques and procedures. Develops, evaluates and implements new procedures or protocols and tests.
4. Consults with clinicians, supervisor and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, requirements and testing protocols.
5. Gives direction and guidance to other caregivers, trains new caregivers and students, and accesses competencies. Provides in-service training for continuing education requirements.
6. Maintains appropriate records for specimens, tests and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting analysis.
7. Participates in department in-services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required. Participates in required competency assessment and proficiency testing activities. Provides (CAP, HIPAA, etc) compliance support.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biological Science or an equivalent related science.
Current with ongoing education requirements for continuous certification.
2 years of clinical experience performing high complexity testing in a clinical laboratory department preferred.
Certified Medical Technologist, ASCP or equivalent is required within six months from date of hire.
Valid driver's license for driving positions.
Ability to recognize and ensure validity of abnormal patient and/or QC results for testing.
Working knowledge of specimen collection, preparation, and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquiries
Good written and verbal communication skills
Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs
Moderate lifting up to 35 pounds
Mathematical ability to calculate fractions, percentages, ratios, proportion measurements and apply practical algebra
General understanding of laboratory equipment to calibrate and do minor repairs
Works in a clinical laboratory or hospital setting. Intermittently (1-5% of the time) works in other office, client and conference facility environments. Continuous (67 - 100%) exposure to moderate noise level. The ability to frequently (34-66 %) stand, walk or sit is required. Continuous (67 - 100%) handling of small objects up to 10 pounds including lifting and carrying is required. Intermittent (1-5%) lifting and carrying of up to 45 pounds is required. Must have good manual dexterity of both hands and employ fine hand movements to continuously (67 - 100%) manipulate instruments, computer terminal keyboards and other items. Good corrected vision and the ability to do near point work at varying distances from the eye is required. The ability to identify and distinguish colors is required. Tasks involve potential for exposure to blood or body fluids containing blood, or other potentially infectious materials, and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Continuous (67 - 100%) use of clinical laboratory reagents and chemicals is required.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Southwest Medical Center (150) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Variable Shift Length: Variable FTE: 0.0 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $ 28.85 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Lab Services || Per Diem/Relief || TESTING SERVICES
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.