· Under general supervision, accurately pre-admit, preregister, admit and register patients into Lakeland Health.
· Gather all necessary socio economic information as well as; verify & confirm insurance benefits and may be required to obtain precertification needed to allow Lakeland Health to provide prompt, courteous service and to be reimbursed for providing said service.
· Admit/register all patients promptly and accurately using appropriate, established scripting with a friendly tone of voice and smile.
· Evaluate and accurately assign appropriate ICD-10 code(s) to outpatient diagnostic services or treatments based on diagnosis, signs or symptoms provided by the ordering physician.
· High School Diploma, GED. Additional college, business or computer courses preferred.
· Obtain CHAA certification within 2 years of employment
· 1+ years in business office setting and customer service experience preferred or college degree in lieu of experience.
· Must be able to pass a typing test at 40 wpm, with a high degree of accuracy.
· Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
· Requires organizational and priority setting skills.
· Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other... awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.