Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people's lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff, the Assistant to the Chief of Staff (ACoS) performs a range of complex administrative responsibilities in the Office of the Executive Director (OED). The ACoS works with the Chief of Staff to execute on various strategic priorities, including managing the ED's broad network of relationships with external stakeholders. The ACoS also manages the ED's portfolio of externally facing materials (website, bios, CVs) and his licenses and reporting requirements (CMEs, licenses, hospital credentialing, etc.)
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, manage track, and respond to the ED's incoming webmail (invitations, questions, requests) as appropriate
- Support the ED in fostering and maintaining relationships with key external stakeholders, including board members, donors, and other professional contacts, in coordination with relevant staff across the organization
- Update dashboard (time away from office/home, writing time)
- Update website
- Manage copyright requests
- Manage ED's expense receipts
Create and manage agendas for OED team meetings:
- Biweekly all-team meetings (including ED)
- Semi-weekly OED staff meetings (without ED)
- Periodic SCRUM meetings
- Partners with Chief of Staff to coordinate, generate, print, and distribute board books
Proactively assesses procedures and makes recommendations for improvements
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term appointment of 1 year from date of hire, with the possibility of extension.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
- 5+ years of related work experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Analytical skills, recognizes patterns, a fast thinker and a good decision maker
- Good judgment, especially in problem solving. Analyzes a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines. Able to work independently AND to ask for assistance when appropriate
- Proactive, with a strong service orientation, with high standards for quality output and client satisfaction
- Communication skills (phone, verbal and written)
- Handles sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism
- Strong organizational and coordination skills. Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with different people
- Flexible, and adapts to changing circumstances and remain calm and effective under pressure - Committed to process improvement
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. T...he University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.