As part of the ACS NSQIP clinical support team, this position provides comprehensive clinical support services to ACS NSQIP Surgical Clinical Reviewers (SCRs) including direct support via phone calls, emails, and “ask-a-question” inquiries; coordinating nurse conference calls; and providing guidance to SCRs for the development and execution of hospital level quality improvement initiatives. Collaborate with other members of the Clinical Support Team on the writing, editing, and management of all clinical educational content. In addition, this position will act as liaison to clinical committees, provide clinical input in the development and production of best practice guidelines, and provide oversight to virtual communities such as online forums and collaborative projects.
This Exempt Level position will report to the Clinical Support Manager in the Division of Research & Optimal Patient Care.
• Provides expert clinical support to both clinical and non-clinical surgical clinical reviewers (SCRs) via email and phone on clinical issues, data definitions and the registry. In conjunction with other members of the clinical team, provide initial and on-going training to SCRs; manage the SCR certification program.
• Serves as an educational resource for internal and external ACS NSQIP audiences by providing clinical and administrative direction based on sound judgment, protocol and procedures. Acts as a liaison to ACS NSQIP committees and outside vendors/consultants.
• Identifies streamlining and process improvement opportunities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program and also improve the workflow and satisfaction of SCRs in the field.
• In conjunction with other ACS staff and leadership, responsible for the successful launch and implementation of new initiatives and programs.
• Collaborates with other clinical team members on the writing, editing, implementation, and management of all clinical educational content.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Registered Nurse with Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) or equivalent. Master’s degree in Nursing or related field is desired.
• Two to Four years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse required.
• Current RN licensure required.
• Demonstrated clinical chart review and abstraction experience recommended.
• Demonstrated experience, efficiency, and have basic knowledge/understanding of the principles surrounding performance improvement, patient safety, and quality of care, database data entry and/or management, and statistical knowledge.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Advanced computer skills helpful.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
Fiscal Management: This position is required to provide staff support to the supervisor in the development of the unit’s annual budget, program or project budget.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Moderate travel required - ability to travel frequently for activities such as collateral contacts, training, auditing records, inspecting facilities, or other activities requiring frequent travel under normal conditions. Evening or weekend duties may be required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Make a difference in the lives of others.
Work for our premier organization dedicated to improving care for surgical patients.
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational association dedicated to improving the quality of care for surgical patients. Our members set high standards for surgical education and safeguard standards of care in an optimal and ethical practice en...vironment. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. We invite talented, enthusiastic professionals to join our team.