We have an opening for a Full-Time Sr Network Engineer to work at our corporate office in Franklin, TN!
This position is responsible for maintaining 24x7x365 networking environments. The Network Engineer, Senor designs, builds and operates the networks within the Premise Health environment. Provisions networks per organization's standards. Monitors daily operations of networks and associated devices for availability and performance. Develops and maintains operational documentation. Responds to network alerts, investigates and recovers hardware and circuit failures. Is responsible for the identification and resolution of service-level problems and the identification and support of mission-critical tasks. Has communication with technical support groups, customer support centers, and vendors.
Manages Citrix Netscaler load balancer
Manages Infoblox DNS and IPAM
Participates on project teams with medium to large network engineering outcomes.
Troubleshoots and resolves network problems.
Performs network maintenance and system upgrades.
Is accountable for the following activities: Performance and tuning analysis, capacity planning, support, strategic technical planning, problem resolution tracking, and software upgrades and installation.
Create and maintain network documentation.
Plans, coordinates, and executes network engineering tasks as assigned.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills
Critical* Skills and Knowledge
Important** Skills and Knowledge
With assistance, demonstrate growing proficiency in the following skills:
Data collection, analysis, and reporting
Decision making skills
Problem solving skills
Management of multiple priorities/multi-tasking skills
Knowledge and Understanding
Knowledge and Understanding
Change Management Process
Networks Development Life Cycle Methodologies
Correlate technical actions to business impact
Outlook and Internet/Intranet in addition to other job
• Hiring Requirements
• Additional Hiring Requirements:
• Commitment to excellent customer service.
• Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in cross-functional project teams.
• Mathematical, analytical and statistical aptitude.
• Preferred knowledge of health care industry.
• Interpersonal and problem solving skills are required.
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written.
• Active listening skills are required.
• Core Platform Specific Requirements
• 5+ years of hands-on network engineer
• Citrix Netscaler load balancing.
• Detailed knowledge of Cisco IOS, Nexus line, 1000v and ASA.
• Detailed knowledge of Cisco and Meraki branch network hardware, with a detailed understanding of wireless networking.
• Expertise in Cisco industry best practices, including security best practices.
• 5+ years designing, building and operating medium to large enterprise networks.
• Strong understanding of internal and external routing protocols and best practices.
• Expertise and detailed knowledge of IP and Ethernet.
• Expertise and detailed knowledge of WAN and MAN technologies.
• Expertise and detailed knowledge of network protocols and functions; IPSEC, HSRP, 802.11, QoS, WCCP, VPN, GRE, NAT, PKI, SNMP, RADIUS and others.
• Detailed understanding of DNS and DHCP.
• Proven track record of expert systematic troubleshooting skills.
• Detailed knowledge of packet capture and examination tools, advanced knowledge of at least one tool.
• Knowledge of Category 5/6/7 copper cabling along with various Fiber interface/specifications.
• Solid understanding of the OSI model.
• Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems.