JOB SUMMARY: The Grants Researcher & Writer is responsible for researching, grant writing, applying for and managing certain private grants and the restricted Children's Health Fund grants on behalf of the HCHD Foundation and in support of Harris Health System. The Research and Grants Writer reports to the Executive Director.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: B.A. or B.S. required; M.A. or M.S. preferred
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 3+ years experience with Database Management 3+ year experience with Grant Writing 3+ years Grants Research
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 1-3 years experience with Program Management
4. Equipment Operated:
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract) X Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) X Writing /Composing: Correspondence/Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical, Typing, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training Specialty:
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Ability to liaise with health care researchers and clinicians, to comprehend medical and scientific materials in order to produce collaborative and other grant requests and assure compliance with the grant requirements
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Hea...lth is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.