**The primary role of this position will be to coding and writing interfaces between various applications including Epic. **
· Responsible for in depth design and implementation of Interfaces between various applications within the Lakeland Health System.
· Provides Interfacing consultation to network engineers, system analysts and employees in areas relative to the transfer of data between applications.
· Support the healthcare system's infrastructure and clinical and business applications in an effort to enable our clinicians to safely and effectively delivery patient care with the use of technology.
· Engineer solutions to business and clinical challenges by way of innovation and alignment with the IT strategic plan and key corporate goals.
· Perform troubleshooting of reported issues at the server and network level that impact multiple users working with a team of engineers to ensure uninterrupted access to business systems.
· Project assistance as assigned working with higher level engineers on projects requiring advanced technical knowledge.
· Administer enterprise-wide applications such as email servers, database servers, etc. and devices such as switches and routers and troubleshooting unknown issues that may occur.
· A dminister and monitor servers for OS level issues as well as network device issues and be able to act in a proactive fashion to prevent system and network outages. This will involve reviewing logs and collating information.
· Plan for and practice the disaster recovery of assigned systems creating documentation detailing the process involved for complete recovery.
· Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service.
· Adheres to the organization's published values.
· Must possess a level of knowledge normally associated with the successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
· Additional experience may be substituted for the degree.
· Experience: 1 – 2 years of network support and personal computer experience preferred. Two + years and demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Helpdesk, PC and Peripheral Support, Computer Repair or Customer Service.
· Knowledge of personal computer hardware and experience in the use of microcomputer operating systems and various applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, network servers, and communications.
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other... awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.