Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people's lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, and palliative care.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Media Assistant is a key team member, responsible for creating, publishing, and tracking content for Ariadne Labs' web and digital platforms. The Assistant has demonstrated experience with implementing social and digital strategies; interest in analytics to measure the effectiveness of such strategies; writing and editing skills; and a passion for utilizing social media and digital tools and platforms to tell compelling stories that advance marketing, communications and engagement strategies. The ideal candidate should be team-oriented, flexible, creative, and have a "roll up your sleeves" mindset.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regularly update the various social channels with fresh content (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram) which includes: sharing blog posts, videos, photos or news mentions and other digital content as they are produced; promoting upcoming events; writing tweets and Facebook posts; and covering live selected high-profile events on the appropriate social media channel
- Create and track an editorial calendar outlining daily and weekly strategic promotion of Ariadne Labs' content including upcoming events, new initiatives, feature articles, student-authored pieces, recent photos, videos and other and multimedia materials
- Develop, schedule, and administer content across all digital outlets including Ariadne Labs' website and social channels. Ensures content types maintain consistent levels of style, tone and messaging
- Track and report monthly social media and google analytics to assess the impact of the social media efforts on overall marketing strategy
- Establish relationships with social networks of similar organizations and influencers
- Take part in the development of a comprehensive digital distribution strategy by identifying opportunities on social channels for contribution and engagement. Identify target influencers and audiences to help maximize visibility and reach of Ariadne Labs
- Other duties as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term appoint of 1 year from date of hire, with the possibility of extension.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a part time position, with a 17.5 hour work week.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
- 3+ years of related experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Interest in social media and digital content
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Photo editing and other content creation/editing tools
- Analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Experience with working on multiple projects and complete high-quality work against strict deadlines
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. T...he University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.