Advertised Summary Job Description: The Columbia University Medical Center Department of Neurology seeks a highly motivated, experienced candidate, to work with Neurology Call Center Manager to schedule patient appointments and optimize the schedule. The candidate should be articulate, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Working under the supervision of the Call Center Manager or designee, the Patient Access Coordinator is be responsible for scheduling and confirming appointments, working the waiting lists for select divisions, and minimizing the number of empty slots on the schedule. The Patient Access Coordinator will liaise between the Call Center, Practice Managers, Insurance Verification, and Authorizations teams.
- Answer phone calls, schedule appointments, and task providers or staff as needed. Utilizes Wait List.
- Act as liaison and concierge between internal & external customers including patients, healthcare professionals, administrative & clinical office staff.
- Assists with coaching and training of staff, and onboarding of new staff.
- Coordinates lunch schedules of Call Center Staff, ensure that the calls are covered at all times.
- Assigns provider schedules to agents and ensures that all schedules are monitored on a regular basis, and that the schedule is optimized.
- Supports Call Center Manager with Quality Assurance initiatives as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
General Minimum Qualifications: Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus two years of related experience.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: The candidate should be highly motivated, and have excellent interpersonal skills. We emphasize the importance of team unity as central to our success. Computer skills are required including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Access, and MS PowerPoint. Proficiency in Spanish required.
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It... seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.