The Associate Dean for Business and Administration (ADBA) oversees the day-to-day administrative functions of the School of Nursing. This position will serve on the School of Nursing Leadership Team and will report to the Dean. This position will be responsible for planning, implementing, evaluating, and managing resources and personnel to support the operation of the school. The ADBA will accomplish this through the management of fiscal and post award grant management, human resources, information technology delivery, and management of the School of Nursing facilities and space. The ADBA will serve as the primary point of contact for the School of Nursing within the VCU system and external entities for related-administrative functions. Examples of the Kinds of pro judgement the position must exercise. The ADBA must be able to communicate effectively with diverse populations, build and maintain key relationships, and be able to manage and resolve personnel issues effectively. The ADBA must also use sound judgement in making good business decisions to enhance the efforts of the school.
1. Responsible for planning, implementing, evaluating, and managing resources and personnel to support the operation of the school.
2. Oversees finance and post award grants management, human resources, information and technology and facilities.
3. Acts as the primary point of contact for VCU related to responsible areas.
4. Serves as the School’s representative on relevant University committees and task forces.
5. Creates collaborations and networks with other schools.
6. Sustains the administrative infrastructure to support the tradition of leadership in educational excellence by preparing future scholars and leaders for nursing.
7. Serves as a liaison resource for VCU schools and the VCU Health System in development of cooperative ventures.
8. Serves on University and/or Health System committees or task forces as appropriate related to the position.
1. Master’s Degree in business, accounting, administration, or related field.
2. Minimum of 5 years of progressive administrative experience.
3. Experience in human resource management
4. Experience in physical resources management
5. Experience in budget preparation and reporting
6. Knowledge of finance and financial modeling and fiscal research administration
7. Experience with start up ventures
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.
One of the nation's top research universities, VCU enrolls more than 31,000 students on two Richmond campuses the Monroe Park Campus and MCV Campus. Situated in the heart of Richmond, the capital of Virginia since 1779, Virginia Commonwealth University serves an integral role in the economic health of the city educating the current and future workforce, reaching out to the community, advancing research and enhancing patient care.