JOB SUMMARY: Oversees financial processes, payroll and/or administrative responsibilities for an area under occasional guidance. May act as the area liaison for human resources functions and general guidance or support.
This position is responsible for administration of all personnel functions and payroll, general guidance, and assistance for faculty and staff, often performing in a liaison capacity.
Coordinate process for new staff positions, vacant positions and reclassifying current staff. Research and advice supervisors and P.I.'s with selecting appropriate job description to identify appropriate classification. Advise and complete, assist with writing job descriptions and justifications, when needed, to obtain staff position, and obtain all approvals for each specific position including posting to HR Taleo and completion of status session report for recruitment.
Assist/guide supervisors with writing of position description questionnaires and/or other required forms for new requested positions, vacant positions or staff reclassifications to ensure that they are titled appropriately taking into consideration education and experience, as well as job duties.
Act as liaison with HR compensation and DOM to determine the right title and obtain all necessary approvals.
Review applicant qualifications to ensure that they are consistent with the job requirements as requested by P.I. and advise of any potential problems.
Coordinate hiring staff (liaison between HR, Dept. of Med. and division) including obtaining applicants and circulating CV's to PI's & supervisors.
Interview applicants as requested by P.I.
Request salary quotes and negotiate salary for potential staff members, acting as liaison between supervisors and HR., request/verify completion of background checks and verify eligibility for hire (visa's, etc.)
Coordinate, monitor and manage, and process H1B or J1 visa for new hires and current staff members to ensure that they are kept up to date. Serve as a liaison with International Services.
Process all new hires, and transfers including writing of letter of offer, completion of personnel documentation, schedule orientations, assign keys and/or obtain necessary access to restricted areas, parking and provide assistance in obtaining their VUnetID's, for all staff, faculty and fellows.
Assist all I.D. personnel in understanding their benefits as Vanderbilt employees and helping to clear up any problems. Assist/guide co-workers with work related problems, according to Vanderbilt policies and procedures.
Monitor compliance of Vanderbilt HR regulations (HIPAA, Safety, lab, patient related, etc.) for all personnel, faculty, fellows, staff, Interns and students.
Provide guidance and assist faculty and staff with FMLA related issues, including identifying appropriate documentation and obtain all needed approvals
Manage all of the staff evaluation process including providing instructions & assistance to supervisors and staff where needed.
Process all payroll and personnel forms, EDCs, RDC's, PAF's, APF's, PMF's and PDQ's to change salary/earnings distribution for faculty and staff as directed by AO.
Initiate/Monitor/renew VA staff contracts (IPA's) for division
Liaison for Division with HR divisions (compensation, employee relations and recruitment) for solving policy questions and problems until solved satisfactorily
Approve biweekly timesheets and monthly leave reports. Monitor/track budget numbers for accuracy.
Serve as consultant for CCC and other divisions, and departments as needed regarding HR procedures, faculty, fellows and research fellows and staff appointments/hiring
Issue and maintain log of keys for ID MCN space
Supervise clerical staff. Coordinate coverage of front desk and main telephone line.
Coordinate Clinical Fellows, Postdoctoral Fellows, Research Interns, Observers and Student Workers appointments, reappointment and promotion of continuing with Program Coordinator and Division Director. Coordinate completion of appropriate application(s)/documents and supporting backup for fellows and research interns (including summer students and visiting observers). Obtain all required approvals, appointment letters and entry into HR including obtaining VUnetIDs where needed
Coordinate faculty appointments, reappointments and promotions working with Division Director, Administrator and Department of Medicine to ensure clinical faculty are reappointed before their expiration date to prevent any time lapse.
Assist with writing of personnel related correspondence such as letters of offer, chairmanâs recommendations, and recommendation letters other as needed.
Complete first draft of physicianâs credentialed/re-credentialed applications at VUMC, VA and also Williamson Medical Center and others as needed. Serve as liaison for new and current faculty members with Provider Support and Payer Enrollment.
Maintain copies of all medical licenses, DEA, CMEâs and Board Certifications. Assisting new faculty with submission of applications and answer questions regarding applications, acting as a liaison with various outside departments to obtain answers.
Monitor/oversee Division training grant; General administrative duties - monitor against NIH regulations, make sure we are staying in there guidelines including completion of required NIH paperwork for trainees, statements of appointments, stipends, supplements, etc. Develop internal budgetâs (1275's) Assist/coordinate recruitment of trainees with training grant P.I. spring of each year.
Monitor/verify trainee expenses are within budget restrictions, applicable with award and scope of work, and in compliance with grant regulations
Review and update NIH tables, trainees past and present, update training grant tables annually
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (INTERMEDIATE):- Knowledge, adherence and application of human resources policies and procedures.
OPERATIONS PLANNING (INTERMEDIATE):- Anticipates resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate processes.
COMPLIANCE (INTERMEDIATE):- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
BUSINESS RESULTS (INTERMEDIATE):- Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction, and stewardship.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.