Corporate Solutions seeks to become the preferred training provider for regional businesses and organizations. We provide non-credit-training programs for incumbent workers and individuals interested in upgrading their job skills.
Corporate Solutions is seeking applicants for an ongoing pool of candidates for part-time teaching positions in Advanced Manufacturing.
We are seeking experienced CNC Machinists to deliver classroom instruction and supervise/assist students in an advanced manufacturing environment to develop the skills needed to be successful in the industry using precision tool technology.
In addition to instruction, successful candidates will develop course materials and hands-on training exercises. Evaluate, specify, install, and maintain training equipment (Training will be provided by the equipment manufacturer).
Finalists' credentials will be kept on file until the end of the 2017-2018 academic year.
Qualified applicants will be must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies. • Ability to work effectively with diverse populations. • Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. • Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs. • Teaching and facilitation skills. • Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques. • Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports • Understanding of various style controls in addition to loading program, edit, tool, set offsets, and safely run a CNC machine.
Minimum of 4 years related work experience as CNC Machinist.
Blueprint reading experience.
Inspection of machine components.
Knowledge of the fundamental set up and operation of CNC lathes and milling machines.
Applicants must have good communication skills, be self- motivated and have a strong desire to teach a variety of students.
CNC Machining Certification.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.