The Enterprise Network Engineer is responsible for overall operations and support of SCLHS network infrastructure including, but not limited to Data center core switches, routers, firewalls, network security devices, load balancers, VPN, wireless controllers, access switches at care sites and clinics. Role functions also include but are not limited to installation, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, back up, and maintenance of a variety of network hardware platforms and network infrastructure.
This position requires out of state travel, typically 2-4 trips per year to other SCLHS facilities (Montana, Grand Junction, Kansas, and Denver).
1. Design/Maintain/Upgrade/Troubleshoot enterprise networking equipment and operating systems including but not limited to:
· Cisco Network Switches, Routers and Firewalls
· Aruba wireless controllers
· Cisco wireless controllers
· Citrix Netscaler
· Check Point Firewalls
2. Tier 3 level knowledge in BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, OTV, ISIS, VRRP, ARP, ND, IPv4, IPv6, Multicast, and Spanning Tree
3. Manage projects to upgrade, enhance and maintain the SCLHS enterprise network.
4. Insure network compliance with SCLHS's IT Security policies
5. Troubleshoot and resolve network outages, including participation in an on-call rotation
6. Work with vendors to understand product road maps, end of lifecycle, and best practices information.
7. Administer/Configure/Use network monitoring and reporting tools such as:
· Cisco Prime
8. Maintain accurate and up to date technical and non-technical network infrastructure documentation
9. Using effective customer service skills to respond to customer requests within established standard, communicate with other staff as necessary to ensure timely effective resolution, and communicate resolution with customer in a timely fashion
10. Mentor/Develop junior team members.
11. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards
12. Performs other duties as assigned
13. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift
Required : Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
Preferred : Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
Required : Cisco - CCNA Data Center and/or CCNA Routing and Switching
Preferred : Cisco - CCNP Data Center and/or CCNP Routing and Switching
Required : 3 years industry experience in supporting enterprise size network infrastructure
Preferred : 5 – 7 years industry experience in supporting enterprise size network infrastructure
High level knowledge of Cisco hardware installation, configuration and maintenance.
High level knowledge of layer 2 Ethernet switching, including VLANs, Spanning Tree, 802.1q Trunks, ARP, IGMP, LACP.
High level knowledge of layer 3 IP Routing, including subnetting, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, VRRP.
Experience with essential network protocols, including DHCP, NTP, DNS; including the ability to explain their operation to technical staff in other groups.
A deep understanding of security, including IDS/IPS, ACLs, LAN and Wireless station security, 802.1x, and SSL.
Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to explain network concepts to both fellow technical staff in detail, and to non-technical staff at an appropriate level.
Some experience configuring network elements by script or configuration management software.
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.