Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Corporate Solutions seeks to become the preferred training provider for regional businesses and organizations. We provide non-credit-training and continuing professional education programs for incumbent workers and individuals.
Corporate Solutions is searching for an Adjunct Instructor to teach nurse aide students in the classroom, simulation laboratory, and clinical experiences in our Pennsylvania Department of Education approved NATCEP Program.
• Teach the approved nurse aide curriculum.
• Insure the curriculum is current and accurate.
• Review Curriculum at least annually and revise as needed to keep current.
• Assists with resolving student and staff issues.
• Provide remedial assistance to students as needed.
• Participates in on-site review process conducted by PDE.
• Plan, develop, and provide the educational curriculum for the Nurse Aide Training Program to meet federal state requirements.
• Provide leadership in formulating goals and objectives of the Nurse Aide Training Program.
• Remain current in professional practice.
Candidates must have a minimum of an LPN license without restrictions, and at least two years of experience (with at least one of the years in long-term care).
Candidates must also have the Pennsylvania Department of Education Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program Teaching-the-Educator (TTE) certificate and the Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) must be acceptable in accordance with P.L. 169 of 1997.
Current experience as an NATCEP instructor is preferred.
Registered Nurse, Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree is preferred.
Work Location Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.