NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Due to recent upgrades to ADP’s security settings, in order to apply for this position via the online portal, you must use one of the following web browsers: • Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (versions 9 & 10 are no longer supported) • Microsoft Edge® • Firefox® 52 and higher • Chrome™ 50.0 and higher • Safari® 8.x • Safari 9.0.
Summary of Duties: This position supports all aspects of the meeting and expositions team in the areas of exhibits and registration production and operations. Incumbent will work closely with individuals from the meetings and expositions team, member services, marketing, learning, advertising, finance, and production teams. Communicate with current and potential attendees/exhibitors on a day-to-day basis regarding participation, convention details, space availability and ASAE registration/exhibit policies. The position duties as described below will be in the area of Registration & Expositions Operations.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the Senior Manager and Manager with regards to all responsibilities pertaining to registration and exposition production and operations for all ASAE programs to include meeting deadlines by managing the department weekly activity report, and following centralized accounting and department processes.
• Responsible for developing, producing, editing and maintaining all registration materials including but not limited to: data entry, form development – paper and online, confirmations, receipts/invoices, attendee communications, rosters, reminders, name badges, closing out events, website content, and maintaining all appropriate historical and database files for assigned programs.
• Manage and delegate tasks and special requests coming in through the online Reg/Expo Staff Helpdesk to department staff
• Coordination and management of all registration and exposition inventory in all storage areas (i.e. basement and file rooms), to include supply kits for off-site programs, ribbons, badge holders, etc.)
• Responds to significant customer service inquiries/requests via telephone, email and in person at programs, conferences and/or special events.
• Assist registration staff/volunteers onsite to ensure they are aware of the procedures and steps to properly check in attendees. Ensure supplies are adequate each day. Provide efficient and friendly onsite registration services and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Coordinate and manage vendor relationships. Prepare, analyze and review competitive supplier proposals for conference materials. (I.e. tote bags, staff shirts, etc.)
• Update and manage content on the AccessAssociations.com, the Industry Partner Engagement Opportunities website
• Develop and manage an efficient filing system for easy access and retrieval of registration and exposition information and supplies.
• Ensure partnership benefits (such as ASAE’s Endorsed Business Solution Providers and Alliance Partnership depts.) are applied for all ASAE major programs.
• Support department staff with assisting in proofing/editing all content for registration confirmations, badges, barcodes, attendee and exhibitor communications, service kits, attendee rosters, reminders, service kits, and web content for local and off-site programs.
• Assist the Registration & Expo team members on additional projects as needed.
• Ensure exceptional customer experience is provided to all program attendees at all times.
• Commitment to professional growth and organizational excellence.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Knowledge of associations a plus
• General working knowledge of all office equipment operations
• Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite programs
• Strong team skills and ability to work to meet deadlines in a high volume department a must
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within an ever-changing environment
• High level communication (Written/Oral) skills to be able to interact with internal and external staff/vendors/members/attendees/exhibitors
• Superior organization and time management skills
• Providing professional customer service via telephone and written communication with effective interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• 1-3 years registration/exposition operations experience preferred
• Experience with Aptify and eShow databases a plus
• Onsite management sometimes requires early morning, late evening and weekend work
• Limited travel is required.
Additional Salary Information: EOE. Salary is commensurate with experience.