Our proactive recruiting strategy is to interview and identify the most qualified candidates for anticipated job openings within 60-90 days. Individuals identified as the most qualified candidates during Sept-Dec interviews should plan on a Jan/Feb 2018 employment date.
The Clinical Care Coordinator is a licensed health care professional who, as part of the multidisciplinary team, provides day to day care management services, as determined by individualized plans of care, to a given number of the Center’s program recipients (clients). Clinical Care Coordinators subscribe to the definition of case management and ethical statements guiding case management practice as determined by The Case Management Society of America. Additionally, The Center’s Clinical Care Coordinators deliver client and family centered services that actualize the mission and core values of The Coordinating Center: To create an environment which allows community inclusion for individuals with disability and complex health care needs. Clinical Care Coordinators rely on support from other members of the multidisciplinary team and are required to travel throughout the state of Maryland to visit clients in their homes, nursing facilities, schools, and other residential facilities on a monthly basis. Team Managers and Program Directors provide consultation, health and community care expertise, policy liaison and direction as well as face to face support and mentoring. Clinical Care Associates perform a variety of functions which support Clinical Care Coordinators.
• Admission to and discharge from care management services
• Utilization of the case management process to guide service delivery.
• Facilitation of the development of individualized plans of care including desired outcomes
• Coordination of services and supports required to facilitate plan of care implementation and satisfy contractual / regulatory requirements.
• Monitoring on going services, and cost effectiveness and recommends changes to the plan as needed.
• Evaluation of desired and actual outcomes
• Facilitation of cost effective alternatives to care.
• Recommendation of cost effective alternatives to care provision
• Being a resource to community service providers •Maintains care management records
• Maintains communication with other members of the health care team
The Clinical Care Coordinator delivers services utilizing on site visitation as well as convening and attending multidisciplinary team meetings, and maintaining periodic, regular contact with recipients of service and other members of the health care team.
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in nursing (preferred), Masters of Science degree is preferred or Master’s degree in Social Work.
• Graduated from an accredited college or university, or possess equivalent education and experience
• CCM certification is preferred and is required within two years of the date of employment at The Center
• Minimum three years experience in one or more of the following areas:
o pediatric intensive care nursing
o community health
o ambulatory health or rehabilitation nursing
o clinical social work practice with individuals with complex health care needs
o clinical social work in community setting
Additionally, Clinical Care Coordinators will demonstrate high clinical competence, an ability to work in a team situation with other professionals and have the ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Proof of current state licensure and current malpractice insurance coverage is required
• Maintaining certifications as they apply to care coordination e.g. CCM, RNC, LCSW, et cetera
• Proof of current automobile insurance is required.
• Ability to travel throughout Maryland with reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license with record in good standing. •Designated home office space which must satisfy all HIPAA requirements
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills
• Experience in working remotely from home is preferred and must have high speed Internet connection and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook), databases, and using tools to communicate remotely.
In addition to the above qualifications the successful incumbent is expected to consistently demonstrate:
• Positive working attitude that supports the needs of the care management team
• Support of the mission and values of The Coordinating Center with a commitment to a person-centered, family-centered, culturally competent philosophical base.
• Commitment to continuous quality improvement working with co-workers in a team oriented collaborative governance model.
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the changing healthcare environment and legislation.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive benefits package that includes: life insurance, health insurance, short & long term disability, dental, vision, matching 403b, and vacation paid time off
The Coordinating Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing care coordination services to thousands of medically complex individuals in Maryland since 1983. Our office is located in Anne Arundel County with staff positioned throughout Maryland in all 24 counties. Staff members are certified by The Commission for Case Management Certification as well as members of the Case Management Soc...iety of America. The organization holds URAC accreditation and National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation for the current managed care work. As a nonprofit organization providing care coordination services, The Center is certified and adheres to the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations` Standards for Excellence which certifies the organization in ethics and accountability.The Coordinating Center is strongly rooted in the community and has extensive working knowledge of other state and federal programs and public and private funding sources, their relationship with each other and processes to access the most appropriate services to meet the needs of individuals with health care needs. The Center staff utilizes its long standing relationships with physicians, nursing and rehab facilities, home health providers, housing specialists and other community members to support the needs of those served.The Center`s ability to produce outcomes that benefit both the individual and the health care funders are evident by cost savings, consistently high annual client satisfaction, successful utilization of community resources, and successful renewal of multi-year contracts.