Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Business Development position. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, this position is responsible for promoting and selling Corporate Solutions contracted training products, programs, and services, while developing sustainable and productive relationships with new and existing businesses and industry partners. The manager will also manage the College's Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA) grant program.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Any and all degree (s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of four (4) years' experience in successful business development and/or sales experience required.
• Excellent relationship building, collaboration and interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to meet established performance goals required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
• Must be self-motivated and results-orientated.
• Ability to effectively use the internet to research companies and generate leads.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Candidate must become certified by the State on the WEDnetPA program within the first 60 days of employment.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends as needed, is required.
• Valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous experience conducting needs assessments and developing education and training solutions preferred.
• Previous business development experience within academia or economic development preferred.
• Computer proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.