Located in Nashville,Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery andpatient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to workeach day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where yourexpertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
JOB SUMMARY The Data Specialist position sits with theBreast Team with overall responsibilities for coordinating and assisting in thecollection of data activities involved in the retrieval, processing,dissemination and submission of data with occasional guidance from the ClinicalResearch Data Specialist. The Data Specialist is tasked with extracting,entering, and preparing data for reports, audits, meetings and otherpresentations. For more information regarding the physical requirements andenvironmental conditions for this job, please click here.
Coordinates data processing activities for the Breast Team programs to ensure timely, complete and accurate transmission of data.
Coordinates documentation of all data entry procedures to support consistency in data collection.
Assesses and verifies data quality and coordinates changes/corrections to data.
Accurately performs data analyses to generate reports.
Performs data validation and storage of various project documents.
Maintains data records, data analyses and report generation to meet departmental requirements.
Develops new procedures to process, analyze, validate, and store data.
DATA ENTRY (NOVICE):- The ability to transcribe information from theoriginal source into an electronic system according to written and verbalinstructions efficiently and accurately.
DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):- Ensures that all documentation is complete,accurate, thorough, and compliant.
AD HOC REPORTING (NOVICE):- The ability to access information fromdatabases and prepare reports.
DATA VERIFICATION (NOVICE):- The ability to verify data in an accurate manner.
DATA ANALYSIS (NOVICE):- The ability to analyze data in an accuratemanner.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact teamâs performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENTSERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY(S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCESEFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.