Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals whocome to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advancehealth and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, andresearch.
VanderbiltâsDepartment of Emergency Medicine is a leader in clinical care, education, andresearch. Our combined emergencydepartments see over 130,000 patients annually. We are the only adult and pediatric Level 1 trauma center in middleTennessee. For more information, pleasevisit www.vanderbiltem.com.
Inthis pivotal role as Sr. Administrative Assistant, you will assist several ofthe lead administrators for the department. Your responsibilities will not be the same day to day, based upon theneeds of the faculty that you will be supporting. These faculty rely heavily on you for theircalendar management and for you to be their liaison with other departments andfaculty. One of your key roles eachmonth will be in helping assemble the spreadsheets for faculty payroll. This is a dynamic and important role withinthe department.
Performs a variety of administrative support which may include, but not limited to, scheduling, booking travel and budget reconciliation.
Ensures data/records are created and maintained to document financial, planning, correspondence, procedures, processes and other information.
Compiles data, analyzes information and summarizes findings in support of an area.
Prepares reports and other documentation as requested.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: CLERICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE (INTERMEDIATE):- Clerical/Administration is askill which includes most clerical and administrative functions typicallycarried out by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clericalrole. Among the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Heavy Calendar Maintenance,Managing Shift Schedule, Data Entry, Document Duplication, Document Filing andMaintenance, Document Preparation, Employee Record Maintenance, Employee TimeRecording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing, Inventory Management, Mail Sortingand Distribution, Meeting Coordination and Scheduling, Message Management,Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects, Spreadsheet Preparation, TravelArrangements, Payroll spreadsheet assembly and Word Processing and Typing.
AD HOC REPORTING (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to access information fromdatabases and prepare reports.
DATA ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to analyze data in anaccurate manner.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (NOVICE):- Ability to monitor costs, expenses andrevenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relationto budgeted amounts.
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):-Knowledge, adherence and application of human resources policies and procedures.
Organizational Impact: Performs nonâroutine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENTSERVICES (S3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY(S3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards .
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCESEFFECTIVELY (S3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Because weare committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, weare proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â·US News & World Report:#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (BillWilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked amongthe nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Â·Truven Health Analytics:among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitalsin the U.S.
Â·Becker's Hospital Review:one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals inAmerica"
Â·The Leapfrog Group:grade "A" in Hospital SafetyScore
Â·National Institutes of Health:among the top 10 grant awardees for medicalresearch in the US
Â·Magnet Recognition Program:Vanderbilt nurses are the only grouphonored in Middle Tennessee
Â·Nashville Business Journal:Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Â·American Hospital Association:among the 100 "MostWired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.