JOB SUMMARY: Assists in planning, coordinating and executing programs with some guidance.
Â·Work collaboratively with SE AETC Central Office, Practice Transformation Leads at University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and Southeast Practice Transformation Expansion Project (SEPTEP) clinics to assure all parties understand the goals of the project
Â·Prepare monthly project report detailing training completion, project successes and challenges at each of the 16 clinics
Â·Organization and facilitate a monthly work group call between all clinic champions and coaches for the 16 clinics
Â·Negotiate contracts with trainers and training sites
Â·Conduct individual calls with each clinic coach to assess project status
Â·Develop qualitative evaluation processes and gather anecdotal project impact evidence
Â·Communicate project successes and concerns with Program Director and UAB project lead
Â·Coordinate a two day training course in Nashville arranging logistics, travel and expertise for a culture change and testing workshop
Â·Arrange monthly webcasts specifically designed for the Practice Transformation Project
Â·Create agendas, bio sheets, report templates and other learning materials as needed
Â·Assist the Vanderbilt Program for Professional and Patient Advocacy with aspects of their events as needed
Â·Coordinate training and technical assistance as needed at each site
Â·Coach center toward capacity building and completion of project goals
Â·Assist in the development of an online learning environment for the PT project
Â·Manage SEPTEP training database, creating event and entering participant data in the moXse system
Â·Coordinate additional training and preceptorships as needed
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (NOVICE):- Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
NETWORKING (NOVICE):- Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (NOVICE):- Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.