Union Level: Department: Pacific Technology Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301190P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business deadlines. Position End Date: Open Date: 11/01/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: The (Program Management Office) PMO Director is responsible for leading the Program Management Staff in the overall completion of a specific project or program, and working closely with the customer. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the work products are designed, engineered, planned, and managed throughout the design/ and or development process by multiple functional operations, and delivered per the customer's requirements and expectations. The Program Management Office Director will support multiple Program Managers in providing earned value, maintaining program schedules, and ensures programs are in compliance with quality, commercial and or regulatory requirements. He/she will also be responsible for continuous process improvement, supporting goal deployment, and implementing Lean practices where applicable.
Essential Functions: 1. Provides leadership in the creation and advancement of an effective Program Management Office to support both the University and Pacific Technology needs.
2. Provides Program Management support on assigned efforts in reference to managing cost, quality, and schedule and customer satisfaction in compliance to specifications and commitments. Participate in and lead internal meetings, coordinate program reviews, team meetings, updating cost and schedule reports, provide program performance status, report findings and recommendations to the Customer.
3. Program Management Office Director communicates the Voice of the Customer to functional departments.
4. Provides input to Requests for Service provides additional changes to contracts/program up-scopes, and/or any and all customer or internal changes that affect program goals/metrics (i.e. cost, gross margin, schedule(s)).
5. Proficient in Negotiations and Conflict Resolution. Possess the ability to negotiate; resolve and problem solve program issues in a respectful, professional manner.
6. Ensures Programs are in compliance with commercial, UOP, and regulatory/compliance standards and specifications as applicable. Monitors risk on programs and allocates appropriate time to mitigate risk levels and provide risk assessments as needed to mitigate identified risks. Acts with speed and integrity in all aspects of the business. Reports and communicates critical program related issues to appropriate management in a timely manner.
7. Reviews his/her Program department metrics to ensure accuracy of reporting program performance to management and Customers. Provides recommendations to improve metrics designed to enhance operation efficiencies.
8. Interface directly with all internal departments, outside suppliers/vendors and especially the customer regarding all facets of program control, management, and reporting.
9. Generates and provides general documentation regarding complete control and monitoring of assigned program(s). This includes scheduling, development visibility and providing reputable forward looking forecasts.
10. Provides management and coordination thereof of any customer visit, program review and/or requests from either internal sources and/or external sources regarding status, economic health or any other aspect of performance of assigned program.
11. Develops and delivers the Pacific Technology baseline project management skills program.
12. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
BA or BS degree preferably in Information Technology, Project Management, Systems Engineering, or related field.
Five (5) years min experience in a Program and/or Project Management environment required.
Experience in a higher education environment preferred. PMP certification highly desired.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Leadership success in developing and growing project/program/portfolio management organizations.
Demonstrated experience directly dealing with a customer from a program/project, liaison, engineering, and/or sales perspective. Experience with industry quality standards.
Problem solving the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Interpersonal Skills the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Oral communication the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
Written Communications the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
Planning/organizing the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Adaptability the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Dependability the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Safety and security the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses office equipment and materials properly.
Microsoft Project and/or similar program scheduling software capability.
Program financial understanding and program and scope estimating.
Understand software development principles.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business deadlines.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu