PeaceHealth is seeking a Director of Informatics for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 152948
The Director Informatics supervises all departmental activity in the assigned network, community and/or business unit of PeaceHealth, and leads specific system-wide departmental efforts as assigned. Leads operation improvements via effective adoption and continuously improving utilization of all aspects of patient care documentation and patient care data management systems, with primarily focus on front line caregiver utilization of electronic health record systems and tools, including the technical, cultural, process, knowledge, coordination, political and communication components. Department is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of ongoing changes to the patient care data management systems at PeaceHealth.
1. Provides leadership, vision, and management of Informatics team, including direct supervision of informatics personnel and coordination of departmental activities as assigned.
2. Participates in the development/update of clinical information system strategic Planning on a periodic basis to ensure coherence with the overall health system strategic plan. Recognizes the impact of change and strategically plans communication and education.
3. Serves as the central point of contact for coordinating all informatics activities in assigned network, community, and/or business unit of PeaceHealth; incorporates standardization within the system to help ensure successful outcomes are met, managing risks, issues, and escalations. Functions as an Informatics expert and collaborates with all levels of leadership, caregivers and physicians across the system.
4. Partners with clinicians network and community leaders to ensure collaboration, availability of resources, and coordination of efforts, including training and support, adoption, clinical decision support, workflow improvement, and ongoing optimization.
5. Effectively leads network and system-wide cross-functional teams in a matrix reporting structure, as well as support collaboration and encourage acceptance of and enthusiasm for changes associated with Care Transformation and the Electronic Health Record at PeaceHealth. Participates on or assigns resources to PeaceHealth performance improvement teams in monitoring progress and discussing/resolving outstanding issues.
6. Works with leadership, providers, and allied staff to identify informatics goals and support integration of requirements/needs.
7. Reviews and monitors organizational action/implementation plans, providing guidance and escalating issues to ensure deliverables are met.
8. Utilizes critical analysis to plan, problem solve, and to mitigate risk in the deployment of clinical applications and Care Transformation processes.
9. Understands Informatics processes and the technical capabilities of current systems, and works to deploy clinical process automation. Coordinates with centers of excellence and Clinical Decision Support within the department and across PeaceHealth to drive continued improvement and deployment of standard tools and methodologies informed by best practice.
10. Works closely with key stakeholders to ensure that the Electronic Health Record optimizes clinical workflow, safety and conforms to evolving external standards, including Meaningful Use, PQRS, HEDIS and National Quality Foundation (NQF) measures.
11. Integrates nursing, pharmacy, medical group and/or other healthcare provider's documentation effectively and efficiently within the system parameters by utilizing project management methodologies. Works across nursing, pharmacy, PHMG, lab and other clinical and operational departments. Educates caregivers and managers on the interdependence, flow, and accessibility of a patient's health information across the care continuum, including to the patient and family through health information portals.
12. Forms strategic relationships with clinical and standards organizations as well as the EHR vendor(s), which enables monitoring and tracking of best practices, evidence-based care, and regulatory requirements.
13. Participates in continuing education programs that facilitate personal growth and development with application to improving Peacehealth Informatics.
14. Understands regulatory compliance including OSHA, HRS, JCAHO, EEOC, State Licensing, CMS etc. Actively participates in improving processes reviewed by accrediting organizations. Maintains and enhances professional skills and awareness of regulatory changes and compliance.
15. Ability to establish credibility among stakeholders, as well as work in a matrix reporting environment.
16. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Master's or equivalent advanced degree in Medical/Clinical Informatics, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field (or working towards) required
Masters or Advanced Clinical Degree (MD, MSN or PharmD) preferred
Certificate or advanced degree in Medical/Clinical Informatics preferred.
10 years' clinical healthcare experience required to include leadership/management experience or may have equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Clinical content management for one year minimum required.
Clinical decision support and the use of an electronic medical record and order entry experience required.
Advanced practice nurse (masters in nursing or higher), or BSN with masters in related field, Pharmacist (PharmD) with clinical experience (i.e., interaction with patients), or comparable licensure and/or certification as an allied healthcare professional
Proven project management leadership skills
Evidence of integrating operations improvements within complex organizations
Knowledge of process improvement methodologies i.e. Lean, etc.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to handle a diversity of personalities and interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
Ability to influence across complex organizations
Ability to negotiate, exchange ideas, information and opinions with others to arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions and solutions
Knowledge of fundamentals of clinical content, clinical practice standards, clinical decision support, patient safety, and regulatory requirements
Ability to manage interdisciplinary teams, and coordinate across disciplines/departments and drive teams to decisions. Demonstrated decision-making and delegation abilities
Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple complex tasks
Proven abilities in process re-design
Knowledge of health care trends and the ability to evaluate scientific literature and apply findings to clinical practice
Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Shared Services Center (802) Job Category: Leadership Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ DOE , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Business, Administrative, & Facilities Leadership || Full Time || QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.