University of Maryland Baltimore is currently seeking a Research Project Coordinator to join Division of Transplant Surgery. Under limited supervision, the Research Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating day-to-day operations for a series of research protocols within the division of Transplant Surgery. Coordinates data maintenance, grant expenditure adherence, project evaluation, meeting scheduling, and research subject interfacing. Serves as a point of contact for study participants and clinical support personnel. Adheres to good clinical practices, study protocols, and applicable regulations. The Research Project Coordinator conducts complex work and contributes to measurable team objectives. Uses discretion to provide solutions to issues. Performs work that is varied and that does not follow prescribed procedures or processes and is responsible for effective operations and use of resources, rather than clinical outcomes.
**This is a FULL-TIME, CONTRACTUAL position**
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB.
· Independently coordinates and communicates directly with the Principle Investigator, study participants, and sponsors to manage the operation and evaluation activities of the research studies. Responsible for ensuring optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures, and specifications. Uses evaluation techniques, originality, and ingenuity to resolve non routine issues.
· Recruits and screens volunteers to participate in research studies. Develops recruitment streams and advises participants of study objective, requirements, risks, benefits and obtains their consent and enrollment.
· Lead the collection and management of study data by developing data collection instruments, establishing and maintaining databases, and performing data quality checks. Develops and implements new processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of data collection and evaluation. Track, report, and audit study data and regulatory study documentation. May supervise those who perform data entry and peform non-routine data analysis.
· Develop and produce reports of study data for project staff and stakeholders. Analyzes data and draws conclusions in order to make recommendations. Develop reports summarizing study deviations from protocol and communications with IRB. Contributes meaningful information to enhance publications or grant applications.
· Monitor activities to ensure compliance with protocols and all relevant local, federal, and state regulatory and institutional policies. Assists in budget development, expenditure adherence, and maintenance of inventory on equipment and supplies.
· Obtains, processes, and transports specimens to appropriate laboratory according to established aseptic technique. Performs venipunctures and finger sticks to obtain blood specimens.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in nursing, chemistry, biology, public health, or another scientific discipline appropriate to position
Experience: Prior experience in clinical or laboratory research.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.
Hiring Range: Low $40K - Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is the State's public health, law and human services university devoted to excellence in professional and graduate education, research, patient care, and public service. As a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and using state-of-the-art technological support, we educate leaders in health care delivery, biomedical science, globa...l health, social work and the law. We emphasize interdisciplinary education and research in an atmosphere that explicitly values civility, diversity, collaboration, teamwork and accountability. By conducting internationally recognized research to cure disease and to improve the health, social functioning and just treatment of the people we serve, we foster economic development in the City, State, and nation. We are committed to ensuring that the knowledge we generate provides maximum benefit to society and directly enhances our various communities.