Ashby Ponds, a continuing care retirement community in Ashburn, Virginia is looking for an Assistant Director of Nursing for our 136 bed continuing care neighborhood. Our community consists of Independent Living, Long Term and Short Term Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor staffing, scheduling and payroll in extended care. Ensure appropriate staff are provided based on resident acuity in each level of care and provide recommendations based on identified needs of the neighborhood.
• Monitors infection control for staff and residents and develop appropriate policies for infection control monitoring and reporting to local agencies in accordance with local and state regulatory guidelines.
• Monitor clinical quality areas including wound care, infection control, falls risk reduction, pain management, weight loss and dehydration.
• Actively participate in Extended Care meetings to include Wound Rounds, Operations Meeting, Utilization Review and Performance Improvement/Risk Management/Safety (PI/RM/S) Committee.
• Review clinical outcomes that are at or below the National, State and Erickson benchmarking thresholds.
• Leading and mentoring a team of clinical staff members, ensuring Erickson’s Person Centered Care approach is being adhered to.
• The candidate is expected to have a current RN nursing license with no restrictions for the state in which they operate. • BSN preferred • Basic computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office, the internet and web applications. • Expertise in wound care, quality improvement, MDS, falls, hydration, infection control, care planning, etc… a plus. • Clinical review and management of nurses and nursing assistants working on unit
Erickson Living is a leader in senior living with 18 retirement communities in 10 states nationwide. More then 22,000 people across the country currently enjoy our retirement lifestyle. Our communities are free from maintenance and filled with resort-style amenities. Thanks to our full continuum of on-site health care, seniors can enjoy independent living today while looking forward to the future with peace of mind.