The Contact Center Agent – Registration/Scheduling provides exceptional customer service by serving as the ambassador of service between the patient and Dean Medical Group. This includes but is not limited to:
Answering and placing phone calls in a friendly, helpful and welcoming manner, within Dean standards;
Demonstrating a resourceful nature and actions when patients and /or internal customers have questions;
Handling other patient contacts as required
1. Answer, screen and refer inquires to appropriate person or department. Provide information and demonstrate knowledge of facilities and services of the organization, striving to meet the needs of the patient.
2. Actively listen to patients to best meet their needs.
3. Understands the path of the patient encounter, from the time a patient accesses the system until the bill is paid in full.
4. Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
5. Work as a member of a team with the flexibility to meet the needs of the department.
6. Remains alert and prepared to deal with circumstances that require service recovery.
7. Participate in quality improvement.
8. Attend staff meetings and training as required.
9. Establish new patient accounts and register new patient completely and accurately
10. Schedule, reschedule, cancel and coordinate appointments per physician/department protocols while maintaining a high degree of detail and accuracy.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-3 years of customer service, reception or business experience.
3. Previous PC experience with the ability to type 30 wpm.
4. Professional aptitude to solve problems and answer questions based on current information.
5. Excellent customer service skills and focus. Proven abilities to work with a variety of populations.
6. Outstanding communication skills both verbally and written, as well as practicing excellent attentive and active listening skills.
7. Ability to be flexible with work hours to meet needs of department.
1. Medical terminology knowledge/education.
2. Background in medical, dental, insurance or bank setting.
3. Previous multi-phone line handling experience.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Depending on assigned shift, ability to work day, evening, night or weekend hours.
2. Ability to sit for extended periods.
3. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone task.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same