Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a Great College to Work For for four consecutive years.
UW Continuum College (UWC) expands the reach of the University of Washington with programs like UW Professional & Continuing Education, International & English Language Programs, Summer Youth and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the UW that meet the needs of various learners at all phases of their lives. We're focused on removing obstacles to relevant educational opportunities by addressing geographic, financial, length of commitment, and time constraints, increasing access to knowledge for more people. By looking ahead and experimenting with new approaches, we're creating new educational opportunities to help people thrive in a world of change.
UWC has an outstanding opportunity for a Marketing Specialist within their Marketing and Enrollment Services team.
The Marketing Specialist oversees marketing for a portfolio of special programs and fee-based degrees. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing annual plans, securing approval from key stakeholders, and for performing a variety of research, communication, reporting, and other activities related to the execution of those plans. The ideal candidate will be capable of performing a wide range of marketing and account/client management activities and have a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Act as the primary marketing liaison to a variety of stakeholders at UW Continuum College and across campus.
- Provide timely and ongoing communication related to the status of marketing initiatives and plans with key stakeholders and colleagues across the organization.
- As a representative of the marketing team at Continuum College, understand and help convey the mission of the organization; seek opportunities to educate and inform partners and colleagues about marketing services and areas of expertise.
- Collaborate with others in marketing on progress toward shared goals (e.g., improving processes, supporting the Continuum College brand and mission, etc.).
- Proactively problem-solve unique issues that arise.
- Under direction, develop marketing plans in support of a portfolio of special programs and degrees.
- Conduct annual marketing meetings to review previous year performance and determine recruitment goals for the upcoming year.
- Conduct SEO research and assessment for degree program websites.
- Research and identify advertising and content marketing opportunities.
- Identify and document exceptional examples of program marketing success; under direction, develop these into shareable case studies.
- Perform activities including email marketing, advertising, event promotion for degrees and special programs.
- Compile and evaluate performance metrics for advertising campaigns, social media, email, and other activities
- Ensure that marketing deliverables are scheduled to be completed on time and within budget.
- Fulfill website update requests for sites managed by UWC, including degrees and special programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Communication, English, Business, Social Sciences or a related field.
Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in marketing or marketing communications role.
Strong organizational, editing, writing and project management skills.
Ability to meet challenging timelines and work in fast-paced environment.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
Exceptional attention to detail, high level of professionalism and strong customer service skills.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
3-5 years of work experience in marketing or marketing communications.
Understanding of digital marketing strategies and techniques including marketing communications, search engine optimization, social media marketing, conversion tracking and analytics.
Experience and/or interest in working in higher education.
Strong client management, business communications and relationship building skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check
Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select Apply to this position. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your My Jobs page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergra...duate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.