Union Level: Department: Provost Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301169P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs. Position End Date: Open Date: 10/16/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Under general supervision provides administrative support to fulfill objectives of a large department, unit, or school and serves as the primary point of contact for assigned unit.
For positions supporting academic units, additional responsibilities may be assigned specific to serving and supporting faculty and students.
Essential Functions: 1. Performs administrative duties for a unit, school or department using working knowledge of the units policies, procedures and practices.
2. Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, special reports, technical papers, presentations and e-mail using standard software applications and in a form consistent with standard business practice.
3. Takes meeting minutes for review and/or distribution.
4. Schedules and/or arranges meetings, travel, lodging for unit personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
5. Provides budget and accounting support:
Processes accounts payable and/or reimbursement requests in timely manner.
Reconciles and processes Pro-Card activity and statements.
Runs monthly budget reports from internal system, reviews with supervisor and processes any changes or adjustments requested.
Manages units cash receipts by tracking and/or posting payments, preparing deposits for approval and submitting to cashiers office.
6. Monitors office equipment, facilities and duplicating services ensuring all are operational and have no need of repair. Orders units supplies, repair of equipment and facilities when needed or requested.
7. Responds to unit personnel on general inquiries and provides information to those the unit serves.
8. Provides oversight and direction to student employees:
Hires and trains student employees
Creates and monitors schedules
Assigns and reviews work
Reviews and submits time sheets
9. Maintains a variety of department records both electronically and manually including but not limited to class enrollments, student records and areas of compliance.
10. Coordinates units calendar of events and ensures unit personnel are updated with current University information.
11. Organizes and/or assists with the coordination of unit events as assigned to include but not limited to:
Arranges for facilities and equipment set-up as well as technical support
Requests for payment to vendors/accounts
Manages event expenses
Purchases supplies/materials needed for events
Serves as primary department contact and coordinator to campus departments/units as necessary
Arranges for guest or presenters to ensure their needs are met.
12. Provides technical support to others within office on University supported software applications and supports the update and maintenance of web-site.
13. Assists with the issuance of Forms DS-2019 and I-20 and the maintenance of immigration records of University-sponsored F/J visa holders including their dependents through Banners International Student and Scholar Module (ISSM).
14. Fields and directs questions to appropriate IPS personnel. Interfaces with campus units as needed.
Two (2) years responsible administrative experience, using current word-processing software such as: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and electronic email.
One (1) year of post-high school education.
A US citizen or permanent resident in order to access SEVIS.
Knowledge of modern office methods, supplies and equipment that are adequate to successfully complete difficult and complex documents.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer office software including word-processing, spreadsheet applications and mail merge functions. PowerPoint or similar programs highly desired.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, departments, and others.
Excellent phone & customer service skills, office organization, event/meeting scheduling and records management skills.
Familiarity with basic budget and bookkeeping procedures.
Web content management experience.
Familiarity with federal immigration guidelines and Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs.
Ability to meet the U.S. Department of States regulatory requirements (e.g., undergo regular background checks) to be an Alternate Responsible Officer.
Hiring Range: Min $15.29 per hour to Mid $19.81 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu