Rosalind Franklin University Clinics invites applications for two full-time Clinical Psychologist positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics is a multi-specialty physician practice offering expert care in the fields of podiatry (foot and ankle care), reproductive medicine, behavioral health (psychology and psychiatry), family and internal medicine and travel medicine. We also provide medical and counseling services for the students of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
Rosalind Franklin University Clinics (RFUHC), a subsidiary of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. RFUHC combines compassionate care with state-of-the-art science to provide patients with the highest quality medical services. The physicians of RFUHC are innovators in their fields, offering patients access to the latest discoveries in podiatry, behavioral health and reproductive medicine.
The University encourages applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in their field and those that can add new and valuable perspectives to the academic environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide evidence based psychological treatment to individuals, groups and couples presenting for therapeutic treatment at the Behavioral Health Center. • Perform crisis intervention services as needed. • Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy to be delivered. • Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling or treatments, and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, with modification of plans and diagnoses as necessary. • Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities. • Maintain current knowledge of relevant research. • Provide outreach and psychoeducational services to the community as assigned. • Identify an accurate and informed clinical diagnosis for each patient encountered. • Complete and maintain accurate documentation of services rendered in the Athena Electronic Health Record System, following professional and organizational standards. • Collaborate with other mental health professionals, both within and outside of the organization, ensuring appropriate quality of treatment. • Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
• Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from an APA accredited college or university. • Licensure as a Clinical Psychologist in the State of Illinois. • Must achieve background check clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills. • Strong customer service orientation. • Demonstrated commitment to diversity. • Strong work ethic and high level integrity. • Computer literate. • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. • Excellent verbal, written, telephone and email communications.
• Expertise in the area of psychological/psychoeducational assessment is highly preferred. • Minimum two years of postdoctoral experience.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of position with or without accommodations. • Working environment is medical office and examination rooms.
About Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, a national leader in Interprofessional medical and healthcare education, is a graduate-level health sciences university situated on an attractive 85-acre campus in North Chicago, Illinois, approximately 40 miles north of the city of Chicago and 50 miles south of Milwaukee. As such, the University benefits from active collaborations with local h...ospitals, as well as academic institutions in both cities. The campus is shared with the North Chicago VA Medical Center and the Great Lakes Naval Training Center, both of which provide the University with potential research and clinical training resources. Rosalind Franklin University is comprised of five Schools: the Chicago Medical School, College of Health Professions, Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, the College of Pharmacy and the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Rosalind Franklin University enrolls approximately 2,000 students per academic year, and is supported by 1650 full and part-time faculty and 415 staff members. Founded in 1912, Rosalind Franklin University has educated more than 17,000 medical and advanced health sciences degree graduates in the United States and worldwide. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry. To serve the population through the interprofessional education of health and biomedical professionals and the discovery of knowledge dedicated to improving the wellness of its people. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities