Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Learning Experience Design (LED), the instructional design and course development unit of Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) is seeking a Coordinator of Online Services, Projects and Data Management.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Learning Experience Design, the Coordinator of Online Services, Projects and Data Management will serve as the central point of contact for service providers for online courses and programs to either provide information or referral to entities related to the services and support. This position will also coordinate regular meetings and serve as liaison for program coordinators for online courses and programs in the colleges and departments of the University.
In addition, the position will provide coordination of project management for initiatives related to online programs and courses including but not limited to course quality assurance review cycles, faculty certification options and cycles, and funding option requests for proposals, review and fund distribution.
This position will be responsible for coordinating the data collection and managing data associated with online services and support provided by Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies as well as data management for developing initiatives for course design and assessment of course design and development projects.
As a member of the Learning Experience Design team, the Coordinator of Online Services, Projects and Data Management will contribute to and coordinate data from the course design and development projects conducted by the team.
Responsibilities include: - Serving as the central point of contact for information and/or referral to entities to providing services and support for online programs and courses.
- Coordination of meetings and liaison to program coordinators for online programs in University Colleges and Departments.
- Coordination of processes, communication and documentation related to funding proposals and awards of funds for support of online course and program development
- Collection and management of data related to online course and program development initiatives including assessment of design and development projects.
- Compiling data and information for reports and inquiries regarding online services, support, funding awards, projects and initiatives.
- Tracking progress of projects within area of responsibility and reporting progress to project managers and supervisors.
- Contributing to the work of the team designing and developing online courses and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Project Management, Data Management, Data Analytics, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility.
- Experience with management of teams, data, communication, and reporting for services and support for online courses and programs.
- Experience in working with faculty and staff from multiple disciplines with varying levels of experience and skills with technology, data and project management.
- Experience with the design and development of online courses and programs.
- Experience with the services and support required for successful online courses and programs.
- Experience in team-based environment, meeting deadlines, reporting progress and successful completion of project-based assignments.
- Masters Degree in Instructional Design, Project Management, Data Management, Data Analytics or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience in course development for online environments including asynchronous, synchronous web-conference and room-to-room connectivity.
- Significant experience in management of projects, data, communication, and reporting for services and support for online courses and programs.
- Experience in the identification of data points for relevant data collection for the development and support of online courses and programs.
- Skilled at generating presentations to visualize, summarize, and highlight key data and report elements.
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Virginia Tech takes a hands-on, engaging approach to education, preparing scholars to be leaders in their fields and communities. As the commonwealth's most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers 240 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 31,000 students and manages a research portfolio of more than $513 million. The university fulfil...ls its land-grant mission of transforming knowledge to practice through technological leadership and by fueling economic growth and job creation locally, regionally, and across Virginia.
Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).