* Reconcile, manage & report all unallocated & allocated commodity positions * Manage client metal accounts * Vault, refinery and correspondent statement reconciliation to CIS * Nostro management * Internal account reconciliation * Client / Private Bank reconciliation * Account opening / management * Manage consignment and overdraft accounts * Manage service provider invoice reconciliation / payment
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Reconcile, manage & report all physical & paper commodity holdings on a daily basis including but not limited to systems including MXG, OPICS, TLM & CIS as well as external platforms. Positions to include stock, transitory goods and consignment amounts * Manage client metal accounts including new account set-up, and statement preparation * Ensure the accurate calculation of interest payments where interest is paid in a different currency to the underlying account * Report all call contra/ nostro items for uploading to TLM and investigate and resolve any breaks in a timely and accurate fashion * Raise vouchers to ensure the correct capture of settlements in OPICS including interest payments * Provide feedback to the team with suggestions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department * Manage break aging and escalation reporting * Maintain overdraft accounts * Ensure DVP trades are released against payment * Undertake testing of systems and provide professional feedback and opinions
Qualifications and Skills
* All inventories balance between our in-house systems and external stakeholders * All outstanding breaks to be escalated on a daily basis * Accurate reporting of client positions to the desk and clients PREREQUISITES
* Good communication skills * Proactive and organized approach * Excellent working knowledge of Excel * An interest in Commodities - any prior experience of Commodities physical trading would be an advantage, but not essential for this role * Knowledge of MXG, OPICS, TLM
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information) - We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.