Jubilee Housing is seeking an experienced VP of Institutional Advancement to lead fundraising, steward external relationships, and communicate the work of the organization to stakeholders. The VP of Institutional Advancement also will incubate new directions for Jubilee’s work and further the organization’s thought leadership. The VP of IA is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of a strategy for engaging a diverse base of individuals, foundations, corporations, and public-sector institutions in support of Jubilee’s mission. The VP of IA will report to the President and work closely with the Board of Directors to cultivate major donors and ensure the systems are in place to sustain relationships with them. In addition, the VP of IA will oversee the development and execution of a communication strategy that positions Jubilee as an expert at creating affordable housing and services in accessible neighborhoods, a careful custodian of resources, and a leader in its field.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
· Incubates new directions for Jubilee’s work and further the organization’s thought leadership.
· Along with the Director of Development, develops an integrated fundraising strategy that includes major gifts, corporate giving, foundations and government support for annual and special-initiative campaigns.
• Supports the Board (particularly the Development Committee) in achieving Board fundraising targets.
• Supports the CEO in Board development and management of Board relationships.
• Identifies, cultivates, and stewards high-potential donors
• Supports development of earned income strategies
• Along with Director of Development, works with finance department to develop and manage annual contributed revenue budget.
• Ensures compliance with all fund reporting requirements.
• Analyzes existing fundraising activity, including annual appeal and events, to determine the return on investment.
• Develops and executes both an internal and external communications plan for the institution.
• Oversees all communications and marketing activity within the organization.
• Serves as a spokesperson for the organization with various constituencies, including the media.
• Integrates the development and communications work of the organization.
• Serves as a liaison between partner organizations and Jubilee Housing programs.
• Represents Jubilee Housing to a variety of external constituents, including in an advocacy and community relations role.
• Leads the organization’s consideration of new strategies and outreach to achieve more affordable housing, coupled with services, in key D.C. neighborhoods.
Since 1973, Jubilee Housing has provided safe, affordable housing and supportive services to low-income citizens in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood of Washington D.C. Currently Jubilee Housing owns and manages almost 300 units of affordable rental units while providing a range of supportive services that position residents of all ages to grow and thrive. See our web site at: www.jubileehousing.org.